E1B man Saves the mortals!!! (ok, not exactly lol)

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
This weekend I was able to let my flashohlic ways "shine" to some unenlightened :)

Last Saturday my lady and I went to Nightmare New England (http://www.nightmarenewengland.com/) for a good time of ghouls, ghosts and fun. Of course I had my trusty E1B (E1B man ALWAYS needs his 'saber) with me in case any of the dead or undead got out of hand LOL Anyway….enough about the set up… here's the beef:

On my way into the first hunted exhibit (outdoor grave yard haunted thing) a fine young lady screams to her group of teens running to the exhibit… "wait!!!! I lost my shoe!!!!" The group turns and looks befuddled as the flip-flop in question was missing. With a swift poof E1B man jumps in and locates (on low mind you) the missing flip-flop.

SHAAAZAAAAAMMM!!!... Job well done!!!

About 10 minutes later… the second encounter occurred (encounter just sounds creepier LOL)

While walking though in the outdoor haunted house I just saved Lady flip-flop in front of, I see a young couple with the gentleman on one knee and the lady kind of looking concerned and looking around. At this point, two thoughts were in my head

1) He's proposing
2) They are part of the spoof
3) This guy really just lost a contact lens and needs help from E1B man!!!

Without losing a beat E1B man springs into action!! >POOF< Lumens everywhere!!! You would not believe the carnage!! (ok, there was no carnage but bare with me.. lol….. back to the story)

This one took longer than flip-flop girl (or Miss "W" as I affectingly refer to her lol) but was well worth it. Within about 3 minute we found the contact lens and he had placed the (EEEEEK!!!) dirty lens back in his eye and seemed fine.

SHAAAZAAAAAMMM!!!... Job well done!!!

All in all these were two situations that made for a fun and safe night.

I compliment all that have made it to this point in the story :)

The End.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story. I am always amazed that people go into such situation without any kind of light. People bring umbrellas when it rains but they go out at night with no light. I have been to similar halloween evenings and had to help people as well.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've felt the same way,leaping into action with my trusty Arc AA.(Partial power outage on campus.. I saved the day..) The Arc AA isn't very bright(3.3 lumens IIRC),but trust me..when it's completely dark..it's more than enough.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why I never leave home without it!! (Well, the AAA Arc.. my one and only AA Arc stays home LOL)

I've felt the same way,leaping into action with my trusty Arc AA.(Partial power outage on campus.. I saved the day..) The Arc AA isn't very bright(3.3 lumens IIRC),but trust me..when it's completely dark..it's more than enough.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
People bring umbrellas when it rains but they go out at night with no light.

I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone (except for elderly women) use an umbrella. Yeap newspapers and cell phones have rendered umbrellas and flashlights useless:laughing:. Well great story E1B Man! Ever thought of getting a "caution hot surface" signal?