900 Lumen EagleTac Megalight

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
I have seen pictures of the new EagleTac Megalight. Woow!

It is billed as being the first hand held 11W Palm-Size Flashlight. Quad-die P7 D-Bin emittor; (tri-Cree SR-E R2 option at 800 lumen); C2800 Light Engine; Constant current output; four levels of light and strobe; Dual slot load 18650 either protected or unprotected with 4 x CR1234 option; forward clicky with forward output control; $150 msrp.

I really like the oval hand cross section.

As soon as I figure how to get pictures from my computer to a posting, I will get them out.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen pictures of the new EagleTac Megalight. Woow!

It is billed as being the first hand held 11W Palm-Size Flashlight. Quad-die P7 D-Bin emittor; (tri-Cree SR-E R2 option at 800 lumen); C2800 Light Engine; Constant current output; four levels of light and strobe; Dual slot load 18650 either protected or unprotected with 4 x CR1234 option; forward clicky with forward output control; $150 msrp.

I really like the oval hand cross section.

As soon as I figure how to get pictures from my computer to a posting, I will get them out.
Please, use this: www.imageshack.us

Thanks in advance!

maxilux

Enlightened
I am very surprised, from where you get this Infos, it comes today for only the dealers.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well its early days but its more than a tad prettier than the TK40. :D

Could do with a lower low mode IMHO but who chooses to use that kind of light for night time trips to the bathroom anyway.:candle:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good. I like the side by side battery configuration.

Waiting for reviews :popcorn:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Interesting!
Anyone got any details about the interface?
Selector ring with forward clicky à la Sf U2?

And the batteries in series or parrallel?

bernie

1dash1

Enlightened
I hope they pay as much attention to finishing details on the body as they have with the head. Potentially, this could be a very handsome looking light.

Agree with the comment about a lower low. This obviously isn't intended as an EDC, but it still would have been nice if there was some provision for a good low.

I suppose a dual U.I. like Milkyspit offers (one U.I. set for very low to medium output, the other set as advertised) would have been too much to ask for. :shrug:

maxilux

Enlightened
Interesting!
Anyone got any details about the interface?
Selector ring with forward clicky à la Sf U2?

And the batteries in series or parrallel?

bernie

Hi, there are no more details at the moment, the batteries are in serial, as i know.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder if its comfortable to grip ?

2009 the output wars :D

cree seoul v2.0

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I really like the side by side battery placement. This allows you to have 2 18650 batteries without the issue of something so long you couldnt wear it on the duty belt. That was one reason i didnt like the P7 or 3xcree lumapower lights, they were just too long.
This eagle tac company seems to be on top of things.

corrections operator

Newly Enlightened
PTS has it listed at 1 million USD...isn't that a little pricey even for a palm sized 900 lumen light??????:faint: :grin2:

Oops, posted before I refreshed the page................

Last edited: