Had an out of the ordinary (for me) flashlight experience tonight

lostinwv

Newly Enlightened
So this evening I'm watching ESPN just after the Saints victory and my wife and I hear an automobile accident just outside our home.

Anyway, upon hearing the noise I grabbed my coat and ran out of my house to make sure nobody was hurt. I happened to have a Nitecore EZCR2 in my pocket as I left the house.

Turns out a guy in a Ford pickup hit a deer and in the process totally destroyed the front grill and left fender of his truck. It was nice to have a flashlight on me, so me and the guy could survey the damage to his truck and pick up pieces of grill in the road so nobody would damage their tires driving over sharp pieces. I also directed the light at oncoming cars a couple of times to make sure they avoided us.

The CR2 was bright enough that it did the job well. But seeing as I was only about 50 feet from my house, I ran back inside after a few minutes to get one of my more powerful flashlights, an EagleTac T10LC2.

I think my main motive for posting this is to make the point that the T10LC2 is just incredibly bright in comparison to the EZCR2. OBVIOUSLY this should be no surprise, but I was just really struck by the difference in the overall amount of light put out between the two. The EagleTac really has a nice, white beam that has great spill and just tremendous throw (in comparison to the Nitecore, anyway).

The EZCR2 is a great light, especially for the size - but my goodness the T10LC2 is quite the powerhouse.

I love both lights, but now I find myself wanting one of the smaller offerings from EagleTac.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that.

Dave

wingnut86

Banned
Thank You for sharing. This bit of real life info gives me all the more confidence in my choice of picking the EagleTac P20C2 NW as my next light. :twothumbs

lumenal

Enlightened
Turns out a guy in a Ford pickup hit a deer and in the process totally destroyed the front grill and left fender of his truck. It was nice to have a flashlight on me, so me and the guy could survey the damage to his truck and pick up pieces of grill in the road so nobody would damage their tires driving over sharp pieces.

How did the deer do?

Did you have to pick up pieces of him to? :sick2:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just another example of how more lights is always a good thing. :thumbsup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing sounds like this situation would be where you would want to pick up the brightest light with best runtime you have and a cell phone. If someone would have been injured you wouldn't want to leave the person(s) alone out in the street.

It also sounds like he didn't have a light of his own which is another reason why someone should EDC a light, I'm sure he didn't think he might be out in the dark picking up pieces of his truck in the middle of the road maybe he will atleast put a light in his truck from now on. Glad you could help the guy.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
But seeing as I was only about 50 feet from my house, I ran back inside after a few minutes to get one of my more powerful flashlights, an EagleTac T10LC2.

Only one? :ohgeez:

Let's see here.... you need a Zebralight headlamp to watch where you're stepping, don't want to step on parts of a deer. And a Quark/Fenix with wand for strobbing. Maybe another 2 Photons on yourself just to make sure the traffic sees you. You can also throw in a M6 to illuminate the car so that no idiot will drive into it. Oh oh... and a couple more that you'll like to show to the driver, just in case he's interested in CPF. :thinking:

pm91

Newly Enlightened
The important one is the one you had with you, not the one you could "get".