75W/55W/35W HID Flashlight in Ebay

Norselight

Newly Enlightened
The slide switch is actually for the built in LED "spare flashlight" and serves no other purpose as far as i know.
Voltage at full charge is a little over 12.4 volts on mine.

ZeissOEM2: No not that particular one but i have seen some of Norselight`s other products in use, you should see the 3 kilowatt xenon ice searchlight! It`s insane!

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
Well, thats all it does as far as i know too, but in the instructions it says to have it off when chagring and using. Sounds like your battery is good though. My battery only charges to 10.4v and works fine...haha. I'll be saying that when it blows up in my hand. Have you tried contacting xeccon for troubleshooting?

Norselight

Newly Enlightened
Actually i have a quite positive dialogue with Xeccon, i'm pretty certain they will sort this out. Where did you buy your light?

Zeiss: you seem to know your lights, are you involved in the maritime industry?

axim

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
If you reset the battery and use it again immediately it works, because the impedance of the lamp is higher with a higher temperature.
Still this is a major design problem if the startup current gets too high with a higher voltage.
1) The design should not lead to a higher startup current if the voltage is higher
2) It is unreliable as you have no socket out in the field
3) Charging lithium batteries up to 4,7v is a bad idea, which is what the charger apparently does

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting , I understand Axim's explanation, I am luckily having no problem with my 75 watt HID battery, it originally only worked for 30-40 minutes on hi, after using and charging he battery 3-4 times I now get 50-60 minutes use from the battery. I'm lucky I have no problems because the distributor from aliexpress in china would be of NO help what so ever!

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
So you are getting better run times now? Cool. And yes, maybe you could check your battery while charging, every 30-40 mins or so, and when it hits 12.6v take it off the charger, because even though you get higher energy while overcharged it often drastically reduces the life of the cell. Also, stick the multimeter tip in your charger and the negative on the metal outside of it and see what its charging at, they may have given you the wrong charger.

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
Hey there! Doodle I checked these voltages out before, 12.4 was max when charger showed , green lite full, i don't remember the other readings but based on other posters results I concluded mine were in the ball park, I am getting better run times since I started using it more and not always on hi. I didn't have the nerve to stick multimeter probes into charger connector, I don't like getting zapped, I will run the set of voltage checks the next time I charge the battery, but right now I am enjoying xbox 360 with my three kids, and helping them with their toys! My toys have to wait for a while, thanks to all for the good info and teaching me a lot, merry Christmas all!

BVH

Flashaholic
I am getting better run times since I started using it more and not always on hi.

This makes perfect sense because of Peukerts factor. Google PF and read how battery capacity (actual Watts delivered) is reduced the higher the load placed upon the battery is. A simple theoretical example. If a battery provides 10 Watt hours till it's completely discharged when powering a 5 watt load, that same battery will provide maybe 6 or 7 Watt hours when powering a 10 Watt load till it's completely discharged. If you're running your light in lower modes, you will get more capacity from the battery.

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
Hey ther! I am a technology teacher, 8th grade I should know all this stuff, my basic electronics course taught me how to use a multiple meter, ohms law, circuit board design, with etching using acid bath(fun) and I enjoyed it all, I will learn more about lights and research info thru you guys and maybe teach my school kids a unit on lighting tied into energy conservation, another teacher bought a 5 million candle power beam, expecting to power a small solar panel to run a 10 inch solar car, he was disappointed, not enough heat, I would like to help him with that issue, perhaps it's kelvin measurements or magnification lenses that must be addressed?

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

What are the outputs from the Battery ???

Has anyone posted this ?

Three Output Pins

K = ?
D = ?
+ = Batt Pos-V ?

Can someone put a meter on these and see what happens as the modes are altered (OFF/LOW/MED/HIGH)

Does one stay at 0V/NEG-V
etc.

Cheers
Pete

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Switch off

D and + = 10.84 v , + and K = 0.001v , d and k = 0.001v

Switch red

D and + = 6.587v , + and k = 11.052v, d and k = 4.464v

Switch blue

D and + = 8.648v, + and K = 11.052v, d and k = 2.40v

Switch Green

D and + = 11.051v, + and k =11.051v, d and k = 0.387v.

Does this help?

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Switch off

D and + = 10.84 v , + and K = 0.001v , d and k = 0.001v

Switch red

D and + = 6.587v , + and k = 11.052v, d and k = 4.464v

Switch blue

D and + = 8.648v, + and K = 11.052v, d and k = 2.40v

Switch Green

D and + = 11.051v, + and k =11.051v, d and k = 0.387v.

Does this help?

Yes - Probably !!!!

My Guess is . . .

+ = Batt+
K = Batt- (0V)
D->K is Set Output Level (or D->+ is set level ?)

Is Green MAX Output ?

Which colour is each Power Level associated with ? Low/Med/High (or Watts if you know)

RED=
BLUE=
GREEN=

Cheers
Pete

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - Probably !!!!

My Guess is . . .

+ = Batt+
K = Batt- (0V)
D->K is Set Output Level (or D->+ is set level ?)

Is Green MAX Output ?

Which colour is each Power Level associated with ? Low/Med/High (or Watts if you know)

RED= Low 35w
BLUE= medium 65 w
GREEN= high 75w

Cheers
Pete

RED= Low 35w
BLUE= medium 65 w
GREEN= high 75w

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

May suggest (guess) that just supplying 12V across K and + and leaving D float (0) will give Full Power ?!?!?

Any experts ??????

Cheers
Pete

led2011

Newly Enlightened
what does the torch look like? would guys above related to the topic share the photo of the HID flashlight

Latest posts