"A Floody Floody Night"

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful round up, I love my Vannisle 5.6 amp Quad. Nice to see how the quad stacks up against Macs 3300 Lumen :)

Zen Ape

Newly Enlightened
I have a Tri-EDC that should be arriving any day and seeing these shots makes me want to do the Snoopy dance just thinking about it. :D

stoli67

Enlightened
I sold my kenji quad and kept the three level quad from Jesse.... Kenji does made three levels but mine was direct drive....he also now makes a high CRI quad which looks very nice?...

I am still waiting for the multiple level Septa to come out!

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened
I just received a Neutral drop-in from kenji that looks very nice, I would be interested in the high CRI drop-in too.

I agree, I prefer multi mode to direct drive also.

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
Can you tell me what the runtime, output and heat buildup is on the Kerberos DD xpg R5 Quad:sssh:............ also where could a drooling CPF addict find such a monster, preferably a multi mode:devil::devil:!!!!! thanks for any info

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
I guess the runtime depends on what cell you use... Initially with all the quads I had them in surefire hosts running a single 18650 cell but later on I got my hands on a few Fivemega 26650 hosts... much larger capacity cell.... with one of those I would guess that the quad would go for an hour or so... mind you I would not use a DD quad with an IMR cell as it is not recommended.... OK for a few minutes to take a picture but thats it.... you need a protected AW cell for that one. The two quad manufacturers are Jesse (VanIsleDSM) and Kenji .....

DSC_0011a.jpg

I run these (second from the left and the one on the right ) with the quads but I also have cryos cooling bezels now.

The one second from the right is a FM 32650 host but currently I have a D36 XML drop in that one as there are no D36 quads...

The long one had a moddo neutral triple in it with 2 x 26650 cells...... a very nice light with a long runtime due to the two cells

Mind you I am still waiting for this

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...3115-Lumen-Thread-On-for-6P-and-FM26XXX-hosts.

in a multi mode configuration.... I have had an empty host sitting on my shelf for months.

If you like mags then I do recommend the Mac custom.... 3300 lumens... also reasonable hand warmer in the colder months! Again two cells ..... I have never really run mine on full for more than about 20 minutes as that is how long it takes me to walk my dog around the block!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?288560-Mag-3300L

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
Thank you for your reply! the reason I am so interested in that light is because I need a new WOW light and that seems to fit my bill rather nicely, 1 because a 18650 is small enough for belt carry and the runtime is not super critical to me, 2 because I like made in U.S.A. and assume that the host in the pic is a surefire 6p?
Are these quads very hard to find even at high prices.

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Andrew,
Could you please re-upload the "NB D36 XML" beamshot? I am very interested in this particular one but it seems to be deleted.
Thank you.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Wondering if you can use the Fivemega 8aa>2d holder for the Mac's 3300L ?

Thanks.

yifu

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots! The Kenji Quad is awesome and great value at 200 EMS shipped!!! Cant wait for him to finish mine!