AAA body only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geheim

Newly Enlightened
I was wanting to to buy a AAA body only. No head. I would like to have black, but NAT is ok as well. Does anyone here have one by chance?

Thanks,
Chad

jpeg

Enlightened
Watch out. At some point PG changed thread design, so if I were you, I'd try to figure out which head you have first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jpeg said:
Watch out. At some point PG changed thread design, so if I were you, I'd try to figure out which head you have first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH! I just bought a couple of Arc AAA heads on EBay... I had no idea that there was a possibility that they wouldn't fit my AAA body!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I wanted to *attempt* putting an 8mm LED in, but if it doesn't even fit...then what's the point??? Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and it'll fit!

-Allen

Geheim

Newly Enlightened
I'm aware of the different thread design. Thanks for the heads-up though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

With all these heads floating around one would think their would be some bodies floating around as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Chad

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Lux_Luminous said:
I have a blue body from the CPF special
a few years back . . .

Would it suit your purposes?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the blue body if not taken.

Thanks,
CY

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I need three bodies to go with the three heads I have.
The "old style" (early-2003 or earlier) ought to do the job here. Let me grab my CPF Arc 2002 body and see if these heads fit...BRB...OK all three heads work on that body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(Edit) They fit on my CPF Arc 2003 body too, so mid-2003 and earlier is fine, as I suspected it would be.

I don't care what color or finish the bodies are. They won't go on my website, so scratch or blemish is OK.

Geheim

Newly Enlightened
Paulr,

I was thinking of sending a email to Peter, however, I figured he was pretty busy to mess with a request like this. So I would check and see if anyone here would have a couple collecting dust they might not mind parting with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Still looking for at least a couple more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif I see others are as well.

Chad

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I need three /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif but they can be scratched and/or blemished...they do not need to be perfect, they just need to work with the heads I have languishing in a plastic baggy here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
Here's an interesting thing... I gave an AAA to my brother in law for Christmas, and it now doesn't work at all. He said it was going through batteries every other day. I switched bodies, and his head worked fine. I noticed some heavy corrosion on negative contact, but was unable to scrape it off with an eraser... Anyone have this happen before? Anyone have an idea what caused it? Anyone have a spare (new style) body they want to sell me?

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened
I bought a couple of the AAA heads on E-bay and was pleasantly surprised to find the thread fit the battery end of a Mag Solitare. I have several old Solitare bodies. So I came up with my first mod. There is an internal step in the solitare right behind the light end. You just need to put a spacer the right length on this step to make a body. I experimented with washers, rivet heads, and the old silitare spring as a stop. I cut/ground the 'light' end of the Solitare down to about the o'ring point and drilled a lateral hole for a clip. You do need to scrape the inside of the body in the stop region to remove the anodize in order to make this area conductive. Worked pretty well. Not quite as nicely as the original, but not bad.

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jpeg said:
He said it was going through batteries every other day. I switched bodies, and his head worked fine. I noticed some heavy corrosion on negative contact, but was unable to scrape it off with an eraser...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely one of his batteries leaked and left some corrosive and conductive residue behind. The batteries are partially shorted so they drain very fast and soon get to the point that they can no longer light the Arc. You can use some white viniger to neutrallize the caustic residue (don't leave for too long, viniger do react with aluminum)and give it a good rinse afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.