An RIP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
So I've decided to share something with you all and then I will be closing this thread. If someone wants to start another with some other person who died, have at it.

Once upon a time about 20+ years ago, I knew nothing about computers or the internet. But I did listen to Rush Limbaugh on the radio every day... 'cuz my mother kinda made me (long story). Anyway... one day my brother told me I *HAD* to go on the internet and look up this website called RushLimbaugh.org. So I did. It was a bulletin board. Much like CPF is... a discussion forum. The members of the forums discussed all things Rush. It was like a virtual "Rush Room"... if any of you know what that is. I won't go into it. The guy who owned and operated the forums was a guy many of you will remember... David Williams. Yup - the same guy who started CPF.

As months went on, I started to become interested in how the operations of the forums went... being an Administrator, messing with the software, etc. David indulged me. And I was hooked. About a year later, David handed RushLimbaugh.org over to me and went off to create this goofy forum about flashlights. Boy was he a weirdo! I mean... a bulletin board about flashlights?!?! Good luck with that, buddy!

We kept in touch, of course. And then he invited me to this flashlight forum he built. And asked me to be a "behind the scenes" administrator and take care of the software for him. I had gotten pretty proficient with the RL.org site. So I did. And well... for those of you who have been around for at least 20 years.... the rest is history.

David has gone on to other things in life and is doing well and happy. We touch base from time to time. But if it hadn't been for that RushLimbaugh.org bulletin board, it's doubtful CPF would have ever existed... or at least not to the extent it ever has and does today.

This thread is now closed. May everyone Rest In Peace.... whether you are above or below ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.