An RIP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rush lived rent free in a lot of minds. The main reason he was so popular was that he tweaked the other side day after day with a dry wit.
Many tv shows have had versions of Rush be stalked by a psycho, show up in an ER with a bad heart, or other thinly veiled attempts at showing some evil right wing radio show host who always "learned his lesson" before the show was done.

He was definutely a polarizing figure in America. I suspect he was having fun poking the bear until the very end.

'If people are speaking about something passionately and if they have a level of intelligence about it and if they're sufficiently informed, it's going to be like a magnet to people.'
- Rush Limbaugh

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wholeheartedly guessing this statement was tongue in cheek, correct?

Wacbzz,, I was referring to the comment in Poppys post that I now see has been removed.. I believe he made a typo 'bile' as I think he meant vile..

Although he must have mistaken Rush for Michael Savage

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Speaking of game changers, today in 1967 Robert Oppenheimer died of cancer.
He is credited with the atomic bomb.

In 1990 the Incredible Hulk died on the tv show.

Dale Earnhardt passed away today in 2001.

And famous Roe v Wade abortion activist turned pro-life activist Norma McCorvey passed away in 2017.

I think as many people wept over the loss of Dale Earnhardt as Lady Di, JFK, or nearly any modern day public figure.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i thouggt more of u all would of been shocked by joe clarks death. this man changed thosands of peoples life .

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never heard of Joe Clark until now raggie33. May he rest in peace

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
A "rest in peace" thread is not a place for commentary about fans or detractors of the bereaved. The many RIP threads we've had on CPF have been treated as a memorial, and has been moderated with the philosophy of "do not speak ill of the dead".

Those that have posted here would do well to review what you have posted, make sure you haven't run afoul of those considerations, and edit your remarks if necessary. Your personal correction of your posts are always easier to take than having it done for you.

If something more seems necessary, we have provided The Underground for you.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Never heard of Joe Clark until now raggie33. I just looked him up. I never watched the movie "lean o me" either. IMHO, I believe we need more principals like him.May he rest in peace
Lean On Me, a movie about Joe Clarke, portrayed by Norman Freeman was a terrific movie. Certainly worth watching.

In this fact-based film, a New Jersey superintendent, Dr. Frank Napier (Robert Guillaume), watches helplessly as East Side High becomes the lowest-ranked school in the state. With nowhere else to turn, Dr. Napier enlists maverick ex-teacher Joe Clark (Morgan Freeman) to take over as principal of the declining school. Unfortunately for Clark, before he can focus on improving the student body's state exam scores, he has to somehow rid the school of its gang and narcotics problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.