An RIP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know until today that it wasn't really him singing in Sound of Music. They dubbed in another singer's voice, and he was pretty upset about it.

Wow. I had no idea. My music teacher in elementary school had us watch that every year. I actually kind of enjoy the movie.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow joe clark died!! he changed so many lifes he was a amazeing man !.

wweiss

Enlightened
Mrs Fixer watches sound of music a few times a year. Strangly I have a fever, need to change the fluid in my brake lights or some other tragedy that keeps me from watching it with her. :whistle:

I just came across your excuse quotes here. Very good ones - just the right amount of snark. I would like to use the "fluid in my brake lights" if you don't mind...

wweiss

Enlightened
Thanks for the permission...

Today, before I went snowshoeing, I had to check the "binding pivot oil" on them first - for safety of course. This got me an extra front end hour.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine Reggie Beasley recently died. I thought he was going to maybe live to be 80 or 90, but melonomia got him. I think that is a skin disease, but it was in his brain. I reckon that stuff is systemic if not dealt with soon enough. Rest in peace Reggie.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Beat me to it CG.
Many knew it was coming but it was a shock none-the-less.

Greatest radio guy since Paul Harvey in my view. As in he did more for his ilk than anybody since Mr Harvey.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
A friend of mine Reggie Beasley recently died. I thought he was going to maybe live to be 80 or 90, but melonomia got him. I think that is a skin disease, but it was in his brain. I reckon that stuff is systemic if not dealt with soon enough. Rest in peace Reggie.

Melanoma is type of skin cancer that if not caught early can spread to the rest of your body.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Melanoma is type of skin cancer that if not caught early can spread to the rest of your body.

Oh, ok- thanks for telling me.
I'm also sorry to hear about Rush. I knew he had some health problems in the past year or two. I had hoped he had gotten better. I don't have a working radio in my truck so I've been out of the loop since early summer. I will miss him.

RIP Rush

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beat me to it CG.
Many knew it was coming but it was a shock none-the-less.

Greatest radio guy since Paul Harvey in my view. As in he did more for his ilk than anybody since Mr Harvey.

A quote from Paul Havey;

If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress' ?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Rush lived rent free in a lot of minds. The main reason he was so popular was that he tweaked the other side day after day with a dry wit.
Many tv shows have had versions of Rush be stalked by a psycho, show up in an ER with a bad heart, or other thinly veiled attempts at showing some evil right wing radio show host who always "learned his lesson" before the show was done.

He was definutely a polarizing figure in America. I suspect he was having fun poking the bear until the very end.

'I'd get up in the morning, get ready to go to school, and I would dread it. I hated it. My mother would have the radio on. And the guy on the radio sounded like he was having so much fun. And I knew, when his program was over, he wasn't going to go to school.'

- El Rushbo

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
RIP thread right?

Since Limbaughs humble beginnings in radio here in Sacramento, CA.. I have never heard El Rushbo oozing vile (or bile) comments about anybody or anything

RIP 🙏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.