An RIP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear it bykfixer, I just lost my dad on the 7th. He passed away at home with mom holding him. He had been suffering from lymphoma and a weakened heart. I miss him every day.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
In October one of my dogs died suddenly - Lily a Catahula that my SO rescued from the shelter's figurative back exit. She was on the upswing from concluding heartworm treatment a month earlier when a series of things went wrong the vet didn't puzzle out that likely resulted in a blood clot. She was a good dog - easy-going, loved company, capable of moving quite quickly with her nose to the ground, sensitive to her humans.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
My younger brother passed on just before T-day a few months ago.. He woke up around 2am with a back ache so severe his family drove him Tucson emergency. Due to covid that was the last his family saw of him. He died few hours later from massive heart attack

Life is short make it sweet!

RIP Bro..

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry hear about the losses you all have experienced. I will pray that the Lord will send comfort to your grieving hearts.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I was away for a couple of days, and am sorry to hear of all of the recent losses.

May you all find peace and comfort in the coming year.

Someone smarter than me said "Give love each day as if it was your last, and you will be rewarded with an abundance of it."

Poppy

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since someone else had mentioned their pets I figured I'd mention mine. Runt, the black chicken in my profile pic just died recently. The other one, red, died earlier last year. Today while I was sleeping I lost Corey and Berta to some small dogs.

I'm not trying to belittle this thread- I really do love my pet chickens.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
That's too bad. He lived like 20 minutes from me in an area where I have a lot of customers. I kinda always hoped he would call me to do work on his house one day.

markr6

Flashaholic
Christopher Plummer. Forget Sound of Music. I really liked him in The Insider.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mrs Fixer watches sound of music a few times a year. Strangly I have a fever, need to change the fluid in my brake lights or some other tragedy that keeps me from watching it with her. :whistle:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I didn't know until today that it wasn't really him singing in Sound of Music. They dubbed in another singer's voice, and he was pretty upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.