• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Announcing: The Aviatrix! Fantastic new modification for Surefire A2 Aviators!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im in for one Multistage Aviatrix 3 White leds.
And one Multistage Red+2 White Leds.

Put me down for the International list and Let me know when ready.
Im moving within the end of this month and beginning of next so i will be busy.
Please hold my order until i get settled.

Thanks,
Benny

naloxone

Newly Enlightened
2-stage, 1xYG 2xWhite. Paypal ready. Have you met the 1st run limit yet?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take one 2-stage all white for primary cell usage.

:paypal:

Last edited:

cbdudley

Enlightened
Hey Nuclear Fowl,

I'm in for a 2-stage unit (all white). Thanks!

Update: PayPal sent.

Last edited:

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Let's get these all sold this weekend!

1-red / 2-white / 2-stage / primaries only

Edit: :paypal:

****-a-doodle-do!

Last edited:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Update: Only 2 of the Aviatrix 2-Stage mods remain from the first 25 piece production run. Only 6 of the Aviatrix LED-only rings remain. If you want one of the first production run, act now... at the current sale rate I'm predicting they'll all be gone by tomorrow morning.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Illum

Flashaholic
can you provide us with a pic?

Im a bit confused by the "twin LED design" part, the reflector can only house 1 5mm per hole so are you using two 3mm LEDs?

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Illum_the_nation said:
can you provide us with a pic?

Im a bit confused by the "twin LED design" part, the reflector can only house 1 5mm per hole so are you using two 3mm LEDs?

I'll take photos next week and post them. As for the "twin LED design" part, basically you have one red (or whatever color) 5mm LED in one of the three LED holes, and a pair of white (or whatever color) 5mm LEDs in the other two holes. It's basically the same configuration as a stock A2, but with different colors (as an option) or three of the same color LEDs but with two of the LEDs being switched on or off under microprocessor control.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

At this point, there's only one more 2-Stage Aviatrix mod left for purchase from the first 25-unit production run... and 6 LED-only rings.

Best wishes,
Bawko

rdh226

Enlightened
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

At this point, there's only one more 2-Stage Aviatrix mod left for purchase from the first 25-unit production run...
Oh, all right, if you're gonna whine about it... (heh; just kidding) I'll take it: all white.

I'll PayPal ya as soon as I go back and figure out what the right amount it...

Edit: PayPal ($47) sent.

Question: Is it possible to get the "low" LED very low? I'd like the "low" setting to
be on the order of 10% of the all-three-LEDs output.

Also: how diffuse are the THC3 white LEDs? Do they have the same gross (very
obvious) patterning of the Surefire LEDs? If so, can you "sand" them to better dif-
fuse the light?

-RDH

Last edited:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

rdh226 said:
Oh, all right, if you're gonna whine about it... (heh; just kidding) I'll take it: all white.
:D

Actually, if I hadn't sold any yet THEN I'd probably be whining... as it is, I'm pretty pleased with the way things have gone! :)

Originally posted by rdh226:
Question: Is it possible to get the "low" LED very low? I'd like the "low" setting to
be on the order of 10% of the all-three-LEDs output.

Also: how diffuse are the THC3 white LEDs? Do they have the same gross (very obvious) patterning of the Surefire LEDs? If so, can you "sand" them to better diffuse the light?
-RDH

Yes... I can set your "low" LED to any percentage of "100% brightness" you'd like... just tell me what you'd like. It's just a resistor value change when soldering the parts on.

As for the diffusion of the THC3 LEDs, check out this excellent A2 LED comparison thread done by CandlePowerForum member "greenLED", it should answer your questions:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119758

Also, I would be happy to sand the LEDs on your mod... just email me with the percentage brightness and whether or not you want the LEDs sanded. If this proves to be a popular option, I might eventually charge extra for it... but so far you're the only one who is requesting it so I don't mind.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Edit: Answered the questions you added during your edit.

Last edited:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Update: All Aviatrix 2-Stage mods have been sold out from the first 25-unit production run. There are still 6 Aviatrix LED-only mods left, if anyone wants to change the color of their existing Surefire A2 Aviator but don't need the extra modes/features.

I will build and ship all mods that have been ordered within the next 7-10 days, after which there will be a 10-day brief pause in production in order to fine-tune the production process, and to gather customer feedback regarding shipping, instructions, and overall product satisfaction. After that, it's full-speed ahead, including international orders!

I will continue to take orders for further 2-Stage mods at this point, but just be aware that there will be an approx. 2-3 week delay before your order will be serviced.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Bright

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'd like to order a 1red/2white Aviatrix mod for rechargeables as soon as the second run is available.

$ via Paypal.

Thanks,
Bright.

Last edited:

Latest posts