• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Announcing: The Aviatrix! Fantastic new modification for Surefire A2 Aviators!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bawko,

I also want a RED LED-only replacement ring for $37 shipped. I will email you for further instructions, and would like to pay via PayPal cash payment.

DM51

Flashaholic
I knew it. I go away for just 2 weeks, and when I get back what do I find? Not only has that crafty ol' Bird already produced his first batch of Easter Eggs, but he's already sold out of them and what's more, everyone in the entire world is going crazy buying up A2s to put them in and there are none left.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

DM51 said:
I knew it. I go away for just 2 weeks, and when I get back what do I find? Not only has that crafty ol' Bird already produced his first batch of Easter Eggs, but he's already sold out of them and what's more, everyone in the entire world is going crazy buying up A2s to put them in and there are none left.

No worries, my A2 hoarding friend... I'll save the first International-order Aviatrix 2-Stage mod just for you! :)

Best wishes,
Bawko

DM51

Flashaholic
That is v kind of you – many thx! I can't wait to get my hands on one of your Nuclear McNuggets. Could it be a 1xUV/2xWhite? (I fully understand the dangers of UV and will not misuse it, furthermore I absolve you etc etc.) In due course, I would also like the following 2-stages:- 1xAmber/2xWhite and 1xRed/2xWhite. And one day, when you develop the idea further, I would love a 4-stage RGB!

Let me know when to send Paypal.

nightshade

Enlightened
Bawko, mucho gracias for the design and following through to a working design. I can PayPal for a finished product. I can't begin to pay for your time and resolve. Thanks for spreading the bounty.

Regards,
Nightshade

rdh226

Enlightened
Atomic_Chicken said:
Yes... I can set your "low" LED to any percentage of "100% brightness" you'd like... just tell me what you'd like. It's just a resistor value change when soldering the parts on.
Great! (Nice thing about buying custom lights, they're customizable!)

Let's target low LED drive at 20-25% (whatever resistor fits that range).

I think, initially, I'll go unsanded. As long as I'll be taking the light apart, I can
always take it apart again to play with varying degrees of sanding the LEDs,
searching for that Nirvana of diffuseness...

Many thanks, I look forward to this latest experiment!

-RDH

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

rdh226 said:
Great! (Nice thing about buying custom lights, they're customizable!)

Let's target low LED drive at 20-25% (whatever resistor fits that range).

I think, initially, I'll go unsanded. As long as I'll be taking the light apart, I can
always take it apart again to play with varying degrees of sanding the LEDs,
searching for that Nirvana of diffuseness...

Many thanks, I look forward to this latest experiment!

-RDH

Happy to adjust it for you...

Best wishes,
Bawko

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bawko,

I'd like a 2 two stage white THC3 rings, please. I understand these are out of stock, so should I pay now or will you notify me when available?

Bill

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill,

You own an A2? We should talk sometime. Did you know there were some black A2's made? :devil:

DM51

Flashaholic
Here's one...

A2s.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic
Only got it recently, and I'm afraid it is most definitely a keeper. My photo is lousy, doesn't do justice to it. It is beautiful. Good luck with finding another - there must be more around.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*ahem* *cough*

FYI, Bill already has a black A2, and was gracious enough to buy one for me too!

Sorry, I was just pulling Bill's leg. Inside joke and all. Don't you have it when people do that? hehe

DM51

Flashaholic
I should have seen through that one - I though it was a bit odd! So... you're both bored with your A2s and want to sell them, then?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
js said:
*ahem* *cough*

FYI, Bill already has a black A2, and was gracious enough to buy one for me too!

Sorry, I was just pulling Bill's leg. Inside joke and all. Don't you have it when people do that? hehe

Yeah, he got me one as well.

Still, I just can't understand having a kitchen fire just to see if it would make it even blacker... :duck:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

bwaites said:
Bawko,

I'd like a 2 two stage white THC3 rings, please. I understand these are out of stock, so should I pay now or will you notify me when available?

Bill

Completely your choice... I already have some pre-order payments for the 2nd production run, which won't be that far off (about 2 weeks), and they'll be built/shipped in first-come/first-served basis... so if you want it the soonest possible, go ahead and paypal to reserve your place in line... if you're in no hurry wait for the announcement that the 2nd production run is active.

Best wishes,
Bawko