Any HDS Twisty News?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok ok, guys.
I just received an email regarding these HDS Twistys.

Kevin said, "It's my understanding that these lights are on route to us"
:party::party::party::party::party:

The race is on...who will be the first to post a mini-review? :naughty:

JohnTz

Enlightened
I cancelled my order as well. Figured If I had to wait I would rather wait for the Arc. I bet the twisty will be a nice light as well. Can't wait for the first reviews.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I wish I was one of the first ten in line. I have no idea where I am on the list but wherever it is I won't be canceling my order. I'm still really looking forward to the Twisty no matter when I get it.

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
yaesumofo, maybe I misunderstood you, or you me; but, my point about the light levels is that Henry seems to be getting hammered for some reason now about the light levels. I don't see near as much hammering going on about Surefire levels on the E1B (or maybe I haven't been reading enough). That's all. I hope Henry gets this puppy out ASAP so the choir will sing a better song.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't actually see a whole lot of people "hammering " Henry for his level choices. They generally are selections based upon how to have the light operate efficiently.
Surefire? Why bother? Surefire is not going to change their drive levels just because a couple of Cpf's whine about it.
Surefire, I am sure, puts a lot of thought and energy into determining drive levels "other than MAX".
when there is only one other choice you either buy into it or not.
Does it really matter? 3 or 5 lumen's? certainly not to me.
The same is true with Henry's choices. There are a finite number of logical choices. Man is max. The in between settings again you either buy into it or not.
Yaesumofo

yaesumofo, maybe I misunderstood you, or you me; but, my point about the light levels is that Henry seems to be getting hammered for some reason now about the light levels. I don't see near as much hammering going on about Surefire levels on the E1B (or maybe I haven't been reading enough). That's all. I hope Henry gets this puppy out ASAP so the choir will sing a better song.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My point was that just because a light is not programable, that does not make it "crippled", as was stated. Programable lights are the exception, not the norm. Therefore, to imply that Henry is doing us all a disservice by not making a light programable is ridiculous.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cancelling my order as well. I'd rather keep the money for the upcoming SureFires and then decide whether or not I want the Ra when it has shipped and reviews are available.

Regards,
Tempest

JohnTz

Enlightened
I wonder if everything is o.k. with Henry. Norrmally he is real good at giving updates and letting people know where things stand. It is uncharacteristic of him to go quiet.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm standing strong for my Ra torch! :devil: Get em out when ya can Henry!:thumbsup:

Mayo

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Just didn't want to get charged unexpectedly.

According to Kevin, I was one of the first 10 orders too. :(

I've been thinking about doing the same. Figured if I were close to the head of the line, I'd get the light so, sent an e-mail to BS asking where I stood - guess it's not worth their time checking (not expensive enough??) as their reply said that they had no idea :thumbsdow

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I wonder if everything is o.k. with Henry. Norrmally he is real good at giving updates and letting people know where things stand. It is uncharacteristic of him to go quiet.

Very true - I'm betting that he has been VERY busy lately working to get lights assembled and shipped. I would not surprise me at all if he checks every single light himself before it ships out their door.

Status
Not open for further replies.