Any other CPF'ers have this dream?

OCD

Enlightened
I've had the slow running, weak punching, and firearm malfunction dreams too. In my dreams where my gun won't fire, its usually a misfire of some sort. And when I finally get it to fire, its nowhere NEAR on target from messing with it and then...misfire again. :hairpull:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I often dream I'm driving a car and no matter how hard I push the brake, nothing happens :caution:

QUOTE]

after a pretty bad car wreck, i frequently had that dream for a few weeks.

never had the gun dream... and can only recall 1 flashlight dream i had.
was running through the woods at night, looks down at my palm, and was holding a E2DL. I knew that morning, that i had to have one.

back when i was a kid, I experienced an event exactly as i dreamt it a few days eariler. the event wasnt anything major, just playing at cousin's house. it was just a weird deja-vu feeling, cause it all already happened in my dream.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a couple of flashlight dreams where I try to turn on my light and nothing, then try my back up which also does not work. I also had dreams where I punch something with my fist, and my wrist just bends with no force. The weirdest dream and still make me wonder is I thought I saw a glowing figure watching over me when I was a kid, then I thought to myself am I awake or dreaming? next morning I heard my Grandmother passed away.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking about this and is it possible our dreams somehow reflect trying to decide on whether to buy a light or not, you guys no how it is, sometimes we just can't decide to "pull the trigger" and the back and forth struggle with all the research we do and still no decision and then going to bed feeling..well dissatisfied- unfulfilled. idk it's just a thought and all this talk and now I will probably go to bed and have the gun dream, great can't wait. :ironic:

Ian2381

Enlightened
I also dreamed of trying to use my lights but suddenly did not work, good thing is im only in the house.

When I was younger I usually dream of walking in the mall barefoot.

U

user1016

I've been thinking about this and is it possible our dreams somehow reflect trying to decide on whether to buy a light or not, you guys no how it is, sometimes we just can't decide to "pull the trigger" and the back and forth struggle with all the research we do and still no decision and then going to bed feeling..well dissatisfied- unfulfilled. idk it's just a thought and all this talk and now I will probably go to bed and have the gun dream, great can't wait. :ironic:

Bought my Maglite XL50 this morning thanks to my dreams.

I also dreamed of trying to use my lights but suddenly did not work, good thing is im only in the house.

When I was younger I usually dream of walking in the mall barefoot.

Better than dreaming about being naked in public! It's quite a common one too (and a real pain in the ***, I never can seem to figure out how to deal with it but the relief of waking up and seeing it's only a dream is palpable).

ganymede

Enlightened
I had a "King-Kong" dinosaur dream...me and my brother ran into a white tin warehouse. Inside the warehouse...every imaginable weapon/tactical piece of gear (with SF weaponlights attached :0)) . Needless to say, we went in, grabbed some MP5's and 9mm's, and gave those T-Rexes some lead :0)

Hopefully you don't sleep walking... :grin2:

Foxfyre

Newly Enlightened
Part of my only light related dream: Walking through a shopping mall, barefoot, on cool damp grass. I step up to a rail on the upper level, pull out a flashlight to light something up on the lower area and when I press the switch water shoots out the front of the light.:duh2:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange thing about the whole naked in public dream....when I was younger it really bothered me....but now, well...I kinda like it!!! :devil:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recall ever having a dream where a flashlight had any kind of central role. While I've had the "something doesn't work"/ can't run/ etc themed dreams before I haven't had one like that in a very long time. Of course I maybe remember a dream after waking once every couple of months so it's a pretty small sample size. :p

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Mine is when I'm trying to dial 911 or somesuch, and the phone doesn't work, or I'm all fumbles trying to dial.
Now that you mention it, I remember having that exact dream as well. I keep pressing the wrong buttons over and over, it's extremely frustrating.

brembo

Enlightened
I rarely have dreams that I can recall. I did have one recently wherein my el-cheapo slider phone just crumpled in my hands when I tried to answer a call. Broke in half and buttons went tumbling. Went and got a touchscreen phone that very day, it was bothering me so. Like my slider better for UI, but can't bring myself to use it anymore.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I just had the flashlight dream for the first time (at least that I remembered it) tonight.

I don't recall details about the situation, it was not a life or death situation but a good bright light would've been very important.
So I pulled out my Thrunite Scorpion and turned it on. After less than one second the brighness decreased to a non-useable level. The battery was dead.
It was very unpleasant, although I had spare batteries with me.
That's all I can remember.

I interpret it as an expression of subconscious fears that the light turns on in the holster and drains the battery.
It has turned on on its own several times when I didn't lock it because the holster supplied from thrunite is too short.
It's also too thight. the holster really is quite bad. I need to get a more useful one.

Last edited:

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
I just had the flashlight dream tonight.

I don't recall details about the situation, it was not a life or death situation but a good bright light would've been very important.
So I pulled out my Thrunite Scorpion and turned it on. After less than one second the brighness decreased to a non-useable level. The battery was dead.
It was very unpleasant, although I had spare batteries with me.
That's all I can remember.

I interpret it as an expression of subconscious fears that the light turns on in the holster and drains the battery.
It has turned on on its own several times when I didn't lock it because the holster supplied from thrunite is too short.
It's also too thight. the holster really is quite bad. I need to get a more useful one.

Very funny that you mention that!!!!

I was just reading these posts, and even after my first post on this topic ive never had a flashlight related dream, then I read yours! and it clicked!

Last night I had my thrunight scorpion No idea what was going on, I have no recollection of where i was or why i needed it. But the darn thing would be stuck on Moonlight mode, I couldnt turn it off and lock out the tail cap or turn it brighter, drove me nuts.

I really find this interesting I did not remember my dream at all until you mentioned thrunight scorpion, I also find it funny that my dream was about THAT light in peticulor as it is my least favorite light (No bashing Thrunight). Yet thats the one I decide to dream about.

Brain, Why are you so complex?

yliu

Enlightened
I had a dream of all my batteries spraying acid, leaking or just not working.

Voider

Enlightened
Maybe we've all seen too many movies, or we're just natural pessimists. I find more often than not that if an implement or an ability will save the day in a dream, it will fail to function - and usually in a ridiculous or impossible way. Then I wake up angry after all that preparation!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most often I dream I receive my order (and wake up before opening the package), but I sometimes dream I need a flashlight and my EDC spurts out 50 lumens rather than 180, or just won't stay on and I have to play with the switch over and over to get some light.

U

user1016

Very funny that you mention that!!!!

Last night I had my thrunight scorpion No idea what was going on, I have no recollection of where i was or why i needed it. But the darn thing would be stuck on Moonlight mode, I couldnt turn it off and lock out the tail cap or turn it brighter, drove me nuts.

Tis why I like having two modes on mine ;) On and off.

Then again, I'm just waiting for an influx of Maglite X100 users to flock to this thread with "oh damn I dreamt I couldn't turn off the lockout mode!".

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Tis why I like having two modes on mine ;) On and off.

Then again, I'm just waiting for an influx of Maglite X100 users to flock to this thread with "oh damn I dreamt I couldn't turn off the lockout mode!".
how about "I dreamt I was in a rollercoaster and needed a light urgently, but the damn thing kept changing modes"

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Last night I had a dream where I was trying to use my Predator, but it would switch modes randomly ever few seconds and I couldn't figure out how to get it to a mode I wanted. Can't really remember the rest of the dream, but I think I was walking through a building of some sort