Anyone think you're weird?

Malamute

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I get the weird looks and comments now and then. but most people that know me comment that they know I always have a light on me when one is needed. Many thought I was crazy to spend the money on an E2E, but I really realy like it, and feel it was money well spent.

Same with a knife, everyone knows I always have one. And a gun.

I also think it's weird that most people dont carry a light of some sort, or a knife of any kind.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
At work, all the time. Soon as I get in each morning I strap on my belt kit - Leatherman Juice S2, E2e+Veleno drop-in, a flat roll of gaffer and a large bunch of master keys on a retractable Kevlar line with an Inka pen and a small pry bar. I get laughed at or snide comments all the time from the other staff when they see these on my belt, even though they've seen me 'packing' for the last 18 years. Between these simple tools I can get in anywhere, fix anything, see into any place and leave anyone a note. I can sort out 90% of all my daily repairs on the spot without the need to go all the way back to my office for my well stocked tool cart. But does anyone appreciate the fast response to their problems through my foresight and preparedness? No of course not, and yet it's always the geek with the gear they'll call on when their failure to anticipate, technical knowledge or ability to cope let's them down. Sometimes it's hard being right.
:shakehead

markr6

Flashaholic
Nice bump! Well, definitely some think spending $100 on a flashlight is weird. But to me, that's now the going price for a slightly-more-than-decent flashlight. But other people go and spend that same money on items that don't even do anything...collectables, figurines, whatever. At least there's a lot of utility in a flashlight.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.

fH4lb2i.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to walk my ferret in the park by my house and my friends and neighbors thought I was weird. then one day a woman that runs a ferret rescue was driving by & I heard her yell to her husband to pull the car over and stop. she comes running at me and says oh my god you're walking your ferret!!! that's so adorable. I felt so bad for him when he told me she does that all the time. What a weirdo. And I have so many flashlights now, flashaholics look at me weird.

In 1989 I plunked down over $100 for a rechargeable maglite & streamlight & people thought I was weird. & I was a cop. So with inflation & such why do people think it crazy when we spend that on ONE light?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to walk my ferret in the park by my house and my friends and neighbors thought I was weird. then one day a woman that runs a ferret rescue was driving by & I heard her yell to her husband to pull the car over and stop. she comes running at me and says oh my god you're walking your ferret!!! that's so adorable. I felt so bad for him when he told me she does that all the time. What a weirdo. And I have so many flashlights now, flashaholics look at me weird.

In 1989 I plunked down over $100 for a rechargeable maglite & streamlight & people thought I was weird. & I was a cop. So with inflation & such why do people think it crazy when we spend that on ONE light?

I had a ferret I would take in a cat carrier backpack on public transportation....

zulumoose

Newly Enlightened
I don't think it is weird to carry a small portable light and power source on my belt or in my pocket, or bag or car, other people don't think it is weird to carry a packet of weeds and chemicals that they use to draw poison and tar into their lungs on a regular basis, against the warnings of every credible medical authority.

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone think I'm weird?
Gee, I hope not,
that's why I only use my flashlights when I'm in a closet.

DRAWs

Newly Enlightened
people may says we are weird for carrying a flashlight or two. but, they'll know the reason when disaster happens

markr6

Flashaholic
People have told me, "I'm weird cuz I like to mow grass." I tell them I don't necessarily like mowing grass, I just like doing a good job and L@@King at the results.

~ Chance

HA! I just did it for the first time this season. I'm to the point of hating it, but man it looks good! And you're allowed a Beer:30 after doing so no matter what time of the day.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My coworkers have thought I was weird for decades.

I think outside the box, so I don't act like they do nor dress like they do. So when they come in wearing a sling from dislocating their shoulder sliding into 3rd base in a game of softball that's ok. But when I wear one from sliding into 3rd in a game of adult kickball I'm the weird guy.

When I look around the room and see 4 fellows with the exact same color blue shirt and tan pants, I'm the weird guy for not.

Nowadays when the guy with his designer hanky that matches his purple silk socks with decorations that look like Easter eggs see I have 2 flashlights on my desk... I'm the weird guy.

I sit back and smile knowing...
Chicks dig the weird guy. lol