ARC-AA MOD

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Katokichi,

Your command of English is clear and understandable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Wish my command of languages other than English was as clear.

Very nice modifications!

Regards,
Lighthouse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Katokichi said:
>Is there a reason you chopped the tail end instead of the head?

Yes. I had to aboid shaving the thread for head screw.
The size of CR2 is larger than female thread on head side.
I am not good at English, can you understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thanks. Your English is fine. In fact, it is better than that of some native speakers I know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Katokichi,

Very nice!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif These 1 AA lights are really fun to mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm currently doing a similar mod to a CMG Infinty (BB 400 converter board, R2H, CR-V3 cell, 3.175 mm thick copper heatsink ). I'll post it later when I'm done. Keep up the good work!!

Dan

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Katokichi, your mod is a terrific idea and a great example of why this particular forum is my favorite spot on the web.

Keep up the great work!

BC

John Frederick

Enlightened
Kat,

If I could mod as well as you've learned English I would have my own web page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
That is a sweet mod and to be honest it kind of dulls the joy I'm expecting when my Firefly arrives; already you've rendered the Firefly obsolete size-wise! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's a keychain light!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Looks like we have more begging to do over on the Arc forum, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice work. It is hard to believe!

...So it must be even easier to take an Arc AA, and only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif modify the head with an R2H and one of the 1 cell boards offered in Dat2Zip's Sandwich Shoppe (the same one that is used in the Micro-Illuminator and Nano-Mate)...

Jon

Raindrop

Enlightened
NICE Mod. If you can't be convinced to try this on a regular basis maybe you could share the dimensions with someone like Rothrandir who has already shown a flare for cutting down the MiniMag to a single cell. I wouldn't mind having a modded AA with a new Dat2Zip board, but I really like your CR2 conversion.

~Greg

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you aren't happy with your AA seconds for some reason, this is perfect to make it into something you will love.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Katokichi,

I'm late to this party but let me agree with everyone else; Great Job! I like how you preserved the HA on the exposed parts. Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Don,

The body will bore to take 2 CR2s, and retap to (hehe) you know what-32. (Peter used -32tpi, so should work splendedly.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I'm tied up with another proj. or would have done it already. Shorten one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Katokichi,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
That is a beautiful MOD.
Sooo are you going to do some more of these? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
Put me in line for one if you are./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Larry,

I never bought one (AA)! Oops! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Katokichi

Newly Enlightened
When I got up and read this thread, I was surprised at many replies./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Thanks for your interesting.
If you have better skills like McGizmo, you can make more perfectly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I have to implove my skills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
The body will bore to take 2 CR2s, and retap to (hehe) you know what-32. (Peter used -32tpi, so should work splendedly.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I'm tied up with another proj. or would have done it already. Shorten one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

All right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing what you wizards work up!

BC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review (graphics). You are making me want to learn japanese. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif