Arc Flashlight Going Out of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
biggums said:
Not looking to start a witch hunt. Just asking a question to educate myself on the subject. Arc products led me to this board, though only a short while ago so I am not as versed in the situation as most of you. I would hate to unknowingly support a company that used bully tactics to crush a company/technology that was near and dear to me.

Take it for what it is worth. I am sorry for the loss of a great company, product, and for the people behind both.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked! Is there nothing that can be done? I, too, first linked to CPF through Arc, after a search for Luxeon Star flashlights, and am completely new to all of this. In fact, I initially thought these forums were an extension of Arc. You must have seen this possibility somehow Peter, unlike us, so I trust you were somewhat prepared and will be OK, along with your family and employees. I'm very sorry for what has happened.

Peter

rycen

Enlightened
Even If it pains you to visit Please dont be a stranger to CPF.

E

EchoSierraTwo

You have got to be !@#$in kidding me! WOW! I cannot !@#$in believe this. This is Bull*&$#. What The !@#$ am I going to !@#$in do now. I want a !@#$in Arc4 . As you can tell I like to use the word !@#$ aloft. Sorry, just had to beak up the sadness of this thread. This really does SHOCK the !@#$ outta me. I was really Jones'in for a Arc4 . I'm going to have to save a bit more no doubt to buy one (if you know what i mean). Arc (LSH-P) was my first flashlight, that is my EDC. I got it after I got caught with my pants down a couple years back in the NYC blackout. Man what a sad day and sad news. Peter and crew, good luck and here to a strong comeback (if you feel up to it). This industry can learn a lot from you and Arc. Customer Service being one (when we had the issue with the new Arc pouch? I took some pics and posted them on my site. a week later I received a new improved one without even speking to them). Peter and crew, Semper Fi and carry on. Ooorah!

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is truely a sad day. The 4+ was my favorite light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

This may be premature, but PK, you reading this? This could be an oppertunity, with peters help, for surefire to form a whole new line of lights. Im not sure if either of the companies would agree, but its a thought.

Arc was legendary, and will live on as it forever.

Rorschach

Newly Enlightened
Very sad news. As someone who has had to shut down a company, lay off all employees (including myself), and deal with the asset proceedings I can tell you that I would not wish this fate on anyone. Please let us know if we can do anything and our prayers are with you. I will always treasure my AAA, AA, and 4+.

DaveH

Enlightened
Peter and Merri I'm sorry to hear the news. Thank you for the work you have done and what you have provided us with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MY

Enlightened
As one of a handful of CPF members who has been on this board shortly after it started, I had the pleasure of following Peter and ARC through gestation and growth. I, like others, have developed a personal relationship with ARC. I believe that credit must be given to ARC for helping develop the type of positive oriented community on CPF that has evolved through the years. Peter's open business practices have set the standard that others have tried to follow. Peter's flashlight designs are indelibly etched on every light that passes through this board. It doesn't matter where your allegiance is, everyone should be indebted to Peter for all that he has done for this community. This is indeed a sad day for CPF and small business owners everywhere.

Regards.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh damn, I loved my aaa,was gonna get an LS too.
Good luck to everyone. Arc, gone but you'll be in my hearts. My Arc will sit on my desk as the light that intro'd me to this hobby

SAK

Newly Enlightened
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Peter – I am so sorry. You and your company built truly amazing products. I wish there were something I could do for you.

My AAA LE is the single coolest gadget I have ever owned - an amazing piece of work.

My condolences,

--SAK

KingSmono

Enlightened
Unbelievable! This is truly saddening. Peter, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your employees. Good luck in all of your future endeavours, and I hope you realize what an impact you've had on so many people.

srue

Newly Enlightened
I am dumbfounded. I feel like a friend has died.

Peter, I hope everything works itself out. Remember, you still have the love of your family and your faith, and of the CPF.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry this is happening, I could not believe my eyes reading this post. Arc introduced me to the world of flashlights and CPF. I wish this was some kind of mistake or bad joke. All I can say now is, Peter, Merri and all at Arc, thank you.

Glenn

Enlightened
I will definitely 2nd this and the other comments made.

"The loss of your company will be a deep loss to the flashlight industry and community, but make no mistake you are already in the history-books of flashlight history.
I wish you, your family and your co-workers best of luck with this loss and the future, hang in there!"

I have more $$ in ARC lights than the rest of my lights put together. THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT ON LIGHTS !
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I too was looking forward to the ARC 5 . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

This is the worst news that I have heard about a GREAT business for quite some time.

I will most certainly treasure the ARC lights that I now have.

Glenn

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Best wishes for your future (yours, and all ARC employees).

Your company will be sorely missed and mourned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Matsan

Newly Enlightened
My English is not enough to express what I am feeling now...

I wish it would be a kind of nightmare

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I am so sorry to hear ARC is no more. I've always felt arc's are for a special type of guy. I've always cherished mine, even though I've gave them to people who wouldn't appreciate them. These people who I gave an arc as a gift to, re gifted them and asked me to get them another one. I told them they are in short supply but He still says "oh, you'll get them"
From your mouth to God's ears. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Shanghaied

Newly Enlightened
A dark day for all of us indeed.

I'm another one of those brought to this board by Arc, and only heaven knows how many of us there are.

An Arc LSL was the very first thing I bought on the internet, and I was all worried about being burnt. But with the best customer service in the world I never looked back.

This is all very sad, but I'm sure there has also been many lessons learnt, and somehow I just don't believe that Peter is a person that will stay down after this fall.

Peter, all the best to you and Merri (who has been more than pleasant in the past to all of us who have needed help) and all the Arc employees, and hopefully, see you in a couple of years!

Status
Not open for further replies.