Arc Flashlight Going Out of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Peter and Merri, I'm so sad and so sorry...

I think you two know how much Arc meant to me, and how we worked together throughout the years... and I wish you the best. If I can help out in any way, just let me know. You know I'll always be happy to talk to you.

I'll try giving you a call tomorrow.

TheBeam

Enlightened
This is a sad day indeed.

I'm sorry to hear this. Please make a comeback.

Post when you can,

Thanks for everything you have done.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc is also responsible for getting me hooked on leds. My first led light was the Arc-AAA. My humble flashlight arsenal consists of 1 Arc-aaa, 3 Arc LS's, and 1 XM2 so my Arcs comprise 80% of my lights.

Good luck to Peter, Merri, and company.

spica

Newly Enlightened
I am sad....
Like many others, Arc introduced me to high end lights only about eight months or so ago. Its a testament to your service and innovation that in that short time I acquired 20 Arc flashlights and accessories...

And I am hopeful, that Peter, Merri, everyone at Arc, are about to begin an even brighter future... and feel welcome to stay with us awhile here too.

Thank you for so much...more things than I can think of right now...Best wishes.

-spica

makar

Enlightened
i didn't know this news would get me so down. i even called my girlfriend at work.

my first real flashlights were the arc aaa and a lsh-p, which will, no matter what comes, stay two of my favourite fashlights.

all the best to you and merrie and your employees.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I just want to thank Peter for the arc aaa - arc ls and my arc 3

I wish you the best of luck in what ever you do

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heads up people.
I remember very well when we all were worrying about Craig's life (that was maybe the only busier thread). This time it is not life threatening and maybe in some years distance you will look at it as a hurting but valuable experience.
Closing a company is not the worst thing which could happen...

And it is not the end of all days. Sometimes a new start is necessary.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Yikes, what a shock. Best of luck to you in your new venture(s), Peter. I, like many, have been waiting for the Arc AAA's to become available. Oh, well, back to the drawing board, eh?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck to Peter and Merri going forward

As if I was expecting this I took care for a while already that I had all my ARC bases covered, I own the classics ARC AAA and ARC LSHPs for all my 3 kids and wife plus pretty much every single model for myself from AAA to AA, First Run LS, the rev2 LSs to ARC4+ - but I do wonder about people posting how much this development took them by surprise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Klaus

Thegonagle

Newly Enlightened
Oh jeez! I'm so sorry. Good luck.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've carried an AAA every day since I bought two. (A white and a turquoise.)

I don't know what could ever replace the white one on my key chain.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This is indeed a shock to myself as well as any true flashaholic.It was the purchase of an Arc AAA that first got me started on this flashlight obsession of mine.I enjoyed it so much I bought several more AAAs and also a AA.This later led to the purchase of 2 LSLs that I also greatly enjoy.
I will say that Arc has been a huge influence to me and I wish the staff best of luck.I can only imagine how many people were turned on to flashlights with a purchase from this company.I will now look at my Arc products in a different light and cherish each one even greater.
Sorry to hear this Peter and I hope you can somehow make even this tragedy into a more positive future for a true pioneer in his field.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Awww man. This feels like someone suddenly slapped me in the face. I never even imagined Arc would be in this kind of situation, cause I have just received extra foamrings for my arc aaa turq.
Thanks for the great services and products and good luck to Peter and Merri.

ChrisA

Enlightened
Oh my... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That's truly sad news. Best wishes to you Peter and Merri.

Chris

Miciobigio

Enlightened
My English is not enough to express what I am feeling now...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Good luck to Peter and all the Arc-team !!

PeterW

Enlightened
Sounds like you ought to turn into a modder and custom light co-builder. Adding your knowledge to the CPF 'melting-pot' would be a great beneift to us all.

I trust the anodising on my ArcAAA will keep grinding away at my keys for many a year to come.

Best wishes

PEterW

Undark

Newly Enlightened
Oh man, it just hurts...

My best wishes to Peter and Merri!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
A sad day in the flashlight world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

It really sucks the company that offers the best customer service in the industry goes out of business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Peter I've always admired your honest and open way of doing business. I wish you and Merri the best of luck in the future. Thanks for a fun (and at times wild) ride over the past few years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.