Arc Flashlight Going Out of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I pulled my ARC AAA off my key chain this morning, seems like it was there forever. Now I do not want to take the chance of losing it. I own 6 ARCs in all and am glad I have 2 of the LSH-s I can still use one and put the rest up for now.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
This is really bad news to hear. Wish you the best of luck in the future Peter.

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
Peter-

Things happen in cutting edge businesses. You will have my complete respect for the rest of your life for the type of person you are and the lights you made. I will cherish my irreplacable Arcs and use them with good thoughts about you and this era in EDC's. My signature line says it all.

Randy Swart

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Topper said:
I pulled my ARC AAA off my key chain this morning, seems like it was there forever. Now I do not want to take the chance of losing it. I own 6 ARCs in all and am glad I have 2 of the LSH-s I can still use one and put the rest up for now.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Topper, use your Arc lights. That's what Peter has always intended. He's never built a light who's purpose it was to sit in a drawer or on a shelf. It's an Arc light and must be used.

SunSlinger

Newly Enlightened
Peter,
Your lights set the standard by which others are measured.

Nothing can change that.

Your products show that you can cope with challenges.

This latest challenge is an opportunity in disguise.

All the best to you & yours.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's sad. Like losing an old friend. I'm glad I have enough ARCs to last me a lifetime.

Best wishes for your future endeavors, Peter.

sygyzy

Enlightened
Very disappointing indeed. It's nice to see how candid and humble you are. No finger pointing like many others.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Wow!! What a show of support for Peter,Merri and the Arc gang!! I too extend best wishes in all you do from here on! I'm sure it will rival your past endeavors, no doubt!! Godspeed!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mgz

Newly Enlightened
WTF?

I'm saving for my first Arc flashlight...and now it is just a dream... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I may open source what technical data we have left on the product so the CPF community may be able to provide service for the over 20,000 Arcs in collectors hands across the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES YES, PLEASE OPEN SOURCE IT... Arc is going out of business but its innovation spirit is NOT.

/me One minute of silence..............

p/s: sorry for my poor English.

jook

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I hadn't tuned into CPF for a while and this was the last thing I expected. My interest in flashlights started just a short time ago, but I was immediately smitten by several of the ARCs, particularly the AAA. I managed to amass a pretty large collection in a short time with the intention of giving them as away as xmas gifts.

Peter, I am so sorry to hear of your very personal loss and wish you the best.

BobVA

Enlightened
Peter & Merri:

Very, very sad news.

I've given out AAA's as gifts, with a great sense of pride that I could afford to give something so well made to friends.

A few months ago I dropped my balky AAA EDC in the mail and didn't even bother to follow up, like I would with any other company. I knew Arc would handle it and I'd get it back as soon as they could send me a new one. They did.

Peter & Merri, a lot of companies go under each year. A few leave behind a memorable product. A VERY few leave behind friends. You did both. Well done, my friends.

Best Regards,
Bob

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! I haven't been around here in a looooong time but I saw the news on another forum and had to come by to express my condolences on the loss of Arc. Peter, Merri and company thanks so much for such great products and service. I love all my arc lights a great deal, they have gotten me through some difficulties such as the NYC Blackout and the flooding and power outages of Isabel. I can't even begin to think of what lights could actually replace them, so I must take good care of the ones I own and continue to utilize them! Again, so sorry to hear this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

velmeran42

Newly Enlightened
To keep this on a positive note, I carry my Arc-AAA on me every day and it has served me flawlessly for rather a long time now. I have shown it to countless curious folks and told them how to procure one of their own. I know for a fact that Arc's little AAA powered gem has brought light to many folks who had never known such a well built / well thought out product. Arc held up a long time against a lot of unfortunate happenings, I'm really sad to see that something finally got the better of it. I have no doubt that all those involved with Arc will get back up on their feet quickly given the caliber of people they are.

analogguy

Enlightened
Like many people here, my first lights were ARCs. My AAA is still with me every day. Peter and Merri, as this door closes, look for next one to open. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
Wow. What a shock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peter, Merri: Good luck, and thanks. Best wishes for your future, whatever it will be!

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Peter, Merri, Arc staff / supporters and CPF friends,

Like others have perhaps more eloquently stated, wow...we feel and share the pain with you. But, perhaps more to the point, we also share the common mindset that the Gransee's & ARC et al have raised the bar on customer service where it was in their power to do so, AND have in the process set a milestone with the ARC product lines.

It certainly seems to be a common consensus that the ARC products are considered to be the measurement standard by which most other LED flashlights are compared to. Thus as I see it, a company that was founded on customer service, created several unique products and created a standard in the process is not at all a bad thing to have accomplished.

Regrettably while it seems that ARC has ended, I prefer to view it as simply an evolutionary process similar to that of a caterpillar going into a cocoon and emerging as quite a different creature later on. It has been observed that often times when one door closes, another one is opened and many times that new open door was not only closed but completely invisible while the old one was open.

Having personally met Peter & Merri and acquiring many ARC products since for family presents, I have faith that they will re-emerge better than before. It can take a lot of friction to cut and polish a diamond and the end result is worthwhile. Yes, at the moment, there is some emotional toil and grief to be dealt with, however when the time for this has passed, I am confident that Peter will be able to take his hard won and battle scarred knowledge base and make even greater things.

Until then, I remain a loyal ARC fan and really wish that I had been able to acquire the ARC 4 that I've been promising myself for so long.

Best Regards,
Lighthouse

daq

Newly Enlightened
I'm so sorry Peter.

I was just thinking of you and how pleased I was that I had purchased an Arc AAA especially when I considered the character and consideration of the owner.

May God bless your future endeavors.

Dale

dangee

Newly Enlightened
So much for that lifetime warrenty!

I was glad I just purchased another AAA as a back up to my original limited edition... But it is to bad arc is defunct. I was going to get in line for the "5".

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
I just stumbled across this thread.

Wow. This sucks. This really, really sucks. (Sorry for the lack of eloquence, but I'm kind of in shock right now.)

Never mind about Arc being some of my favorite flashlights--they're some of my favorite *products*, period.

Peter, my condolences and best wishes to you and Merri--though, having seen how concerned you are with quality and care for your customers, I have no doubts about your ability to succeed in your next venture, whatever it ends up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.