Arc R-G-B

illumiGeek

Enlightened
The LED used in the ARC in the 1st post and the Rainbow-X are similar, but not the same. I have a bunch of both types.

The one in the ARC is in a standard 5mm LED epoxy casing and 3 emitters in a triangular layout. It cycles through a quick flashing mode, then slowly through each color individually (R-G-B), then slowly through color combos (R-G, G-B, R-B, R-G-B). Each mode repeats twice then moves on the the next, then the whole thing repeats.

The other LED is an odd, flat epoxied circuit board about the diameter of a standard LED, but much shorter (only slightly domed) and the 3 emmiters are in line. It cycles through several quick flashing and "chaser" modes.

Gimme a sec and I'll get some pics up...

illumiGeek

Enlightened
I have used these myself to mod some Tek-Tite marker lights and it's pretty cool.

Okay, let's see if this works here...

First pic is both types and one of my modded Tek-Tite lamps. The one on the left is the slower flashing one (the one in the ARC from the 1st post). The one on the right is the odd epoxy blob with the in-line "chaser" array.

RGB_1.JPG

And this is a close up of the in-line one.

RGB_2.JPG

Visually, the in-line chaser is more eye catching, but the slow RGB blends of the other is more mezmerizing.

Aloha, iG