Arc R-G-B

dasfx

Newly Enlightened
wow, that could be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I had been saving up for a SF L4, but man ...
<wipe drool from mouth>
mmm open face club sand wedge

Dave

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I was thinking it would be a turn on red, turn of on, green, turn off on blue type deal. So you cycle through the colors. Still neat though.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this merely cycle through a sequence -
or is there a way of selecting red, green, blue or "white"(RGB) full time?

Thanks

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
UnknownVT said:
Does this merely cycle through a sequence -
or is there a way of selecting red, green, blue or "white"(RGB) full time? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks light a clone child of the disco light that was shown up at the "CPF Sequoia gathering's Sat. Nite Lite Show." Was it McGizmo who had that disco proto light? Or was it shown by another Guru? Antway, I know Peter was there and saw it doing its thing. It is a sequencial light routine. Starts of fast and then slows down as I remember.. Peter must have cracked the code on it. I want one...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The Chip is a programed cycle that repeats after about a minute. This is not a tool for utility and I think that goes against Peter's mission for ARC. However, I think this is a great portable mood light and effective distraction with comforting and relaxing qualities. There is nothing wrong with making and selling a quality device even if one considers it a "toy". I hope Peter does make some of these. They needn't be sold under false pretense and I would like to see ARC have some additional revenue streams in light of the LS4 set back; just MHO.

- Don

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
However, I think this is a great portable mood light and effective distraction with comforting and relaxing qualities
- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

.......so just throw some aromatic oils on the diffuser and fire-up the disco ARC and you can releive the stresses of your commute? I'm down with that action-even though I only commute 4 miles in LA traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, baby....I've got your drink right here. Why don't you sit down over here while I turn my "disco Arc" on to--seduction mode...

*Barry White plays in the background*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I want one of those things too...I have 6.5 megs on my website that needs filling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
...I hope Peter does make some of these. They needn't be sold under false pretense and I would like to see ARC have some additional revenue streams in light of the LS4 set back; just MHO.

- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine, too. Peter needs to guage interest in these, hence my comment about bugging Peter. I think it would kick up revenue a bit since people might be inclined to order other things while they're getting their toy from Arc. Ya listening Peter?

Cris

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeees. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the "EDT" designator (Every Day Toy). Clever. I am still debating if the light should be made. CM came by as we were building some test units and asked to buy it. He had to wait as we finished building it.

It has almost no practical utility. I do admit that it is fun to play with though. Still thinking..

Peter

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, if you start selling these, be sure to set one aside for me and my website before they're all gone. I'd be more than happy to put it on my website and maybe even on my Christmas tree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Santa wouldn't have any problem finding my place with one of these things to guide the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit) Can't play the video. RealPlayer says "Unable to render video; MP42 decompressor not found."

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Peter,
Ocean views have no practical utility. Watching a waterfall or staring into lit fireplace has no practival utility. Watching fireworks has no practical utility...........

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`d buy one too. I don`t need an AAA-UV for much round here but got one cos it`s fun to play with. And I sort-of collect the different variations of AAAs too. Must have most of them here by now.

-

Real-Player is a load of (insert vulgar term for backside here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). The latest update of Windoze Media player should play it, and Quicktime ought to do something with it too if you`re not fond of Billy G`s program. Plus that one won`t infect your computer with 103 shortcuts to it anywhere and everywhere it feels like.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Chris M. said:
...The latest update of Windoze Media player should play it...

[/ QUOTE ]
I did a quick search for Windows Media Player on my computer, stuck it on my desktop, and it plays the video!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The rainbow Arc looks like it uses one of ETG's rainbow LEDs. I'm guessing the same LED is used in the Photon X-Light Rainbow too, but I don't know where it is at the moment so I can't compare it with the video.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you could use a normal RGB LED with a sort of bi stable flip flop circuit so you your it on once, its red. Next time you turn it on, it's green. next, blue, etc. That would add to the utility of it. Red for night vision, green for brightness blue for? fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts