Arc4 at Toolshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

Newly Enlightened
Marc, on my first Arc order I had to pay taxes as well. (30 euro). I normally have my (knife) orders redirected via a friend in the US, and I will do that now for all the stuff I order when the order value is more then $50.

Ted

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fedex even wanted me to pay Import Duty / VAT on a repair return from ARC - claiming they don´t offer such thing like the VAT excempted "customers own goods being returned from repair" - in the end ARC paid for that and I very much believe this is totally fraud from Fedex - and I think basically the reason no major US company I ever dealt with doing such shippings (Surefire, Buck Knives, Camillus) is using Fedex. Talk about customer rip-off. FEDEX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Klaus

Ted

Newly Enlightened
I had TNT doing that to me. Had two Spyderco's resharpened, and had to pay $35 TAX/import duty because the value on the returned package was $150. Inside the package was a letter stating that is was a sharpening/repair, but I had to prove I had sent them out of the country, which I couldn't since I send them with basic airmail. :-(

Ted

Cyberkinetic

Newly Enlightened
Gee, chamenos, what's the amount u ordered that they charge u GST? I've just gotten a AAA and LSH-S today, no mention of any GST that i need to pay. The value declared is less than US$100, could it be due to the value of the order or the size of your package?
Certainly dun wan any surprises the next time i order.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
the last time i ordered stuff from arc, i got nailed by a 4% GST charge, which amounted to about $30 in local currency because it was a large order.

[/ QUOTE ]

03lab

Enlightened
Try to avoid UPS, FedEX and the like, they make a good amount of money from declaring duties and taxes. The last time I had to pay for customs it was something like 70 cents for the actual duty plus US $ 12 handling fee to UPS!!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
cyberkinetic: i got a letter in the mail about a week or so after i received my order from arc about the tax...so you might or might not get taxed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif i have no idea whether there is a limit on the value of imported items, but even if you get charged it should only be about $10 or less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.