Arc6 auctions: first set of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding profits ....

Raw material is actually negligible cost. How much does it really cost for the LED, driver, reflector, lens, body, etc? I don't know, but I would be surprised if it's even $100 if purchased in bulk. I'm not in the business, so I could be way off.

However, we have to factor in R&D. It's like drug companies ... some of the drugs/medication cost like $2.00 per pill, yet the raw material cost is pennies. Another example is custom knifemaker's cost for premium steel and handles is probably about $50 or less, but charges $500+. We're paying $450+ extra for their skills, their devotion to learn the art to turn a useless steel into functional and sometimes artistic tool, their equipment rental, and ... they do have to make money to survive.

P.S. Did you know that movie theater's primary revenue is from soda and popcorns and not the movies themselves?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I think everyone got their lights from the first 10 auctions and their questions answered about those auctions. That's all this thread was for.

As far as ongoing auctions, Greta does not want that discussion to take place here. I don't agree with the policy but I am required to help moderate, so guys, take the discussion somewhere else.

Here's her quote from this post:

"Mass auctions of production products is not fine.

Please wrap up this auction of these 10 lights and then that's it. No more. If you would like to SELL these lights on CPF, please purchase a Manufacturer's subscription at the MarketPlace and sell them in the Manufacturer's Corner. "

I purchased a MFG's subscription to add to my existing, "authorized mfg status". When that goes through, I might post a link to the other auctions thread there.

thread locked.

peter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.