are there new heads for Surefire e2e bodies better than the stock (kl4)?

frankiej

Newly Enlightened
I own one of the TLS T-1s from KD. It is a nice light for the money, but I do not have a TLS head to compare it to. Mine is one mode only. It's very bright for a one cell, and it is an excellent battery drainer as well, operating on low cells in a manner comperable to my Dorcy 1xcr123. The head threads onto and functions well on my E1L body as well.

I spoke with someone at taclight.com that reported that KD did indeed buy some of these from them. Taclight seems to be affiliated with and/or manufacture the TLS products

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
www.taclight.com.cn

They used to call themselves Tactical Light Solutions, and OpticsHQ is their US arm.

KD seems to be selling all 3 TLS products as part of complete lights: TX1 (KD calls it the T1), TX2 (T2), and TX3 (T5).

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
These KD product descriptions are weak...

Yeah... KD does a horrible job of describing their products.

But to be able to buy a TLS TX1 or TX2 head (with complimentary complete flashlight in addition!) which fits Surefire E-series bodies... for $29 shipped is a phenomenal deal compared to $80 plus shipping just for the head from USA retailers.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to clarify: the KX2C also comes in HA-BK (I have one of those on my carry e2e).

I'm not sure what you mean. :thinking:
I listed black & desert sand brown. Is there a difference between HA-BK and black? Or am I missing something? I wish HA-NAT was an option, is that what you meant?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm not sure what you mean. :thinking:
I listed black & desert sand brown. Is there a difference between HA-BK and black? Or am I missing something? I wish HA-NAT was an option, is that what you meant?

There's black, like what you get on a standard SF 6P. And then there are lights that have a tougher black HA-III finish.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's black, like what you get on a standard SF 6P. And then there are lights that have a tougher black HA-III finish.

Oh I see. I just assumed it to be HAIII black, but I understand your point.
surefire.com only lists the KX2C as hard anodized. It doesn't specify if it's HAIII or HAII or what it is. It would seem that from what greenLED has said that it's HA black.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard anodized and Type III anodizing are terms for the same thing. Thus, it is redundant to say HAIII. And if SureFire lists the KX2C as hard anodized, by definition it is Type III. Type II is not a hard anodizing, thus there is no such thing as HAII.

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
KD seems to be selling all 3 TLS products as part of complete lights: TX1 (KD calls it the T1), TX2 (T2), and TX3 (T5).

This would be fantastic.
However, the pictures are different:
633727495522056740.JPG

and:
OpticsHQE2conversionheadinbox.jpg

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
While the forward part of the bezel has a different design, the back half appears close to identical... and there may be little to no difference in emitter and reflector... worth checking out, I'd say.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Devices E-Series bezel is the ultimate conversion because then you can have 470 out the front lumens (M60 MC-E) as tested by MrGman. This will also cost you about $150 dollars, but it will be Malkoff drop-in compatible.

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
This?
http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_14_20&products_id=53

Will that fit in my existing L4 (KL4) bezel or do I need additional items?

Yes, you then need the Malkoff E-series bezel available next week..
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231465

The thread has pictures and where you can pre-pay for the Malkoff E-Series bezel. It will be about the size of a KL4 bezel, but you can drop-in any P60 Malkoff drop-in you want later on for versatility. If you don't want 470 out the front lumens (MrGman tested) then get a 235 lumen M60 or M30 or M30W or M30WF, ect................

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dust and debris collection inside of my OpticsHQ E2 module got out of hand so I finally opened it up and cleaned it out. I put in an o-ring under the glass window to help seal the head more effectively. Let's see if the module is as resistant to crud infiltration as my SureFire KL4.

OpticsHQE2headwitho-ring.jpg

Latest posts