AWR Nano Challenge Donation Thread

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
like i've said many times.. people are not in full faculty of the facts.. i only bought enough parts to make 100 initially.. more people bought in and some of the parts have been bought like the chargers, the emitters, the heads.. some bodies and some charger bodies still are needing to be picked up... it will be done, they will go out. I have a feeling it will be something like half will be done in nov the rest will be shipped in dec... it's a fair assessment of time-shifting my original goal of before Thanksgiving by the missing month of production. I still think it's going to be an interesting challenge to try to get them all shipped this month though.

-awr

sloegin

Newly Enlightened
andrewwynn said:
like i've said many times.. people are not in full faculty of the facts.. i only bought enough parts to make 100 initially.. more people bought in and some of the parts have been bought like the chargers, the emitters, the heads.. some bodies and some charger bodies still are needing to be picked up... it will be done, they will go out. I have a feeling it will be something like half will be done in nov the rest will be shipped in dec... it's a fair assessment of time-shifting my original goal of before Thanksgiving by the missing month of production. I still think it's going to be an interesting challenge to try to get them all shipped this month though.

-awr
Have 100 been shipped?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
80+ have been shipped... the initial order of 100+ parts was goofed and some parts were short, and too many to admit heads were sacrificed in the process of hand-making them.. like i've said.. anything that could have ever possibly gone wrong has... fortunately all the really painful parts are in the past so now it's down to polishing assembly getting those few remaining parts and assembly into kits packing and shipping.. if i had 2 more weeks, it probably wouldn't be a challenge, which is what does make it so interesting... There will be a lot of movement in nano and regardless of getting *all* of them done by nov 30, there will be considerable completion of the whole project, and a final closure of the longest chapter of the longest book on CPF.

-awr

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
AWR,

You're always talking about the heads. I have read numerous times in countless posts that they will be made soon, are being made, already made but just waiting to be polished and now you say that you don't know if they are in stock. I thought you were having them made so how can they be out of stock when you're supposed to be supplying the stock.

vortechs

Enlightened
vortechs said:
I will get a CPF Diamond supporter icon if the Nanos are all shipped by the end of November 2006.

Best wishes to all.

My challenge donation offer is intended to be in a positive spirit.

If the date and goal are impractical, please suggest something else, such as having all of the Nanos shipped by December 22, 2006 (winter solstice).

If there is something I can do to help, such as asking Peak about the availablity of parts or asking them to expedite an order, please let me know.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
two kinds of heads.. charger heads, light heads.. sorry about the confusion.. like i said before.. most problems come from not having full understanding of the facts.

PEAK supplies the stock.. in a 'just in time' delivery scenario.. i've been getting the parts as i needed them.

sorry about the confusion.. all the light heads are here ready to polish and shine.. all the driver parts are here.. they should all be operational within about 2 weeks. I hope to have all the other parts right around then to assemble everything.

-awr

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew,

Stop posting! Can't you stop yourself! Just stop. Don't reply to this post. Just don't reply. The more you talk, the worse you make yourself look! "You have the right to remain silent." --Last time I give you this very good advice. Talk about enough rope!! Good grief.

Everyone,

Maybe we can/should move jeer-type discussion to the jeer thread, no? I mean, I don't really care, except that as a help to future CPFers looking into things, it's good if the content of a thread is more or less on topic.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hi Turd! Was a pleasure meeting you at SHOT 2004! I will renew my Diamond CPF Supporter should it happen! As to this thread, :thumbsup: Kel!!!!!!!! CPF seems to be in some philosophical adjustment as the "grand scheme of things!" I think I like it!

Larry

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
I'll bite on the challenge donation.

If I receive my Nano by the end of November, I will donate it to CPF for an auction...or whatever.

jb....20 months and counting.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
I put my proposed gift in the ......final chapter thread. I stand by my offer. Good call to start this independent thread.

That's a great gesture and incentive, but it appears that the last man just joined the line in March of this year (06, of course). Looking at the list, it looks like there may still be some people that have not received there light that actually joined way back in 2004! (lol) Maybe, it doesn't make any difference, the offer is intended to reward the last man in line for his long wait, but in this case, that's not that long at all.

Just making some observations...

Last edited:

Meeshi_ma

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:
That's a great gesture and incentive, but it appears that the last man just joined the line in March of this year (06, of course). Looking at the list, it looks like there may still be some people that have not received there light that actually joined way back in 2004! (lol) Maybe, it doesn't make any difference, the offer is intended to reward the last man in line for his long wait, but in this case, that's not that long at all.

Just making some observations...

Actually, even though I'm not on the list on his website, I got in line in August (yep, just 2.5 months ago) and I completely agree that someone else is more deserving of Don's gift than myself. To my way of thinking - the person that's been waiting the longest deserves it. (Can't believe I'm saying that! :ohgeez:Give up a McLux?!)

I think that if this thread is handled properly it can indeed help get this project finished. I know that I work harder for a deadline - and public accountability is normally a good thing. If nothing else, a lot of work is going to get done in November and we'll see the lights sooner because of it. I was more impressed with the person above (vortechs) that offered to help with getting parts organized than anything else though - spreading the workload out a little might be all this needs. In fact, if anyone lives in WI and feels like donating part of a Saturday afternoon, this really could get done in time.

Here's hoping that all the miracles happen in the right order!

-Brian

ambler

Newly Enlightened
Meeshi_ma said:
To my way of thinking - the person that's been waiting the longest deserves it. (Can't believe I'm saying that! :ohgeez:Give up a McLux?!)

Well, I paid on Jan 12, 2005. Anybody been waiting longer than that?

I think all of the 2004 payers were in the 80+ that have already been delivered. I could be wrong here, but I think I might be in the running for the longest wait.

cy

Flashaholic
hard to believe 80+ nano have been shipped. seems there would be more than a trickle of feedback posted on nano for 80 units in the field.

maybe we should start a nano check-in thread to see how many folks report in...

andrewwynn said:
80+ have been shipped... the initial order of 100+ parts was goofed and some parts were short, and too many to admit heads were sacrificed in the process of hand-making them.. like i've said.. anything that could have ever possibly gone wrong has... fortunately all the really painful parts are in the past so now it's down to polishing assembly getting those few remaining parts and assembly into kits packing and shipping.. if i had 2 more weeks, it probably wouldn't be a challenge, which is what does make it so interesting... There will be a lot of movement in nano and regardless of getting *all* of them done by nov 30, there will be considerable completion of the whole project, and a final closure of the longest chapter of the longest book on CPF.

-awr

Tritium

Enlightened
Let me be the first to adjust my donation to Andrews proposed "new" schedule a few post above.

IF ALL NANOS ARE SHIPPED IN 2006 I'll make a double donation.

Thurmond

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
80 nanos were made and delivered, each one was maybe 5x as difficult to fabricate as the last 80 will be. I'm about to start drilling the heatsinks to make the pills.

-awr

greenLED

Flashaholic
andrewwynn said:
lI have a feeling it will be something like half will be done in nov the rest will be shipped in dec...
Now, there's a timeline people can hold you to. Thanks for posting that.

Larry, welcome back.

Latest posts