Beauty and The Beast

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
(4) IMS 27s with TxxJ and 1A.. guessing about 12000-15000 lux.. that thing is awesome.. love the head.. that thing looks like you are 'at the wrong scale'.

-awr

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icarus hits another one...or in this case 2 out of the park. Man that FiveMega head looks awesome. Actually they both are awesome.

I thought I was going to survive fine with JUST a tri-lux made by Icarus but I am starting to get that crazy itch that I need more. :)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Two-stage Tri-LuxIII Aleph3/SO17XA (201-262 Lumens)

Icarus said:
MOD057Aleph3emittersSOX17onheatsink.jpg

Icarus.. that is absolutely WICKED!!

Oh my gawd.. just when I didn't think LEDs had that much more to offer me along comes this!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

I now must worry for the money I was about to spend to buy an iPod.... :(

The 3 IMS17s must put out a LOT of light since a single 17 puts out a pretty big hotspot.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn, now I want one. :D What resistor did you use for the 'low' mode there? I could see myself packing one of the Aleph-3 based mods 'just because', and is IS getting dark outside again...

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

you should see the over-driven lux3x6 in IMS17 'Tesla 6' from elektrolumens.. holy cow!... brilliant design idea.. they put the center emitter recessed into the heatsink so they could have 2 string of 3 LEDs and run them DD from a stack of 9AA batteries in a AAA->D holder... it's awesome.

-awr

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icarus,

That is some beautiful work. Truly inspiring! I would love to see these ligts in action. I'm very pleased those 1/2D cells have found a worthy application.

Well done. Very well done!

Wilkey

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I would love to see a mod like this done on the new HD45. Something along the lines of 3 LuxIII's with 20mm reflectors would be awesome!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haesslich said:
Damn, now I want one. :D What resistor did you use for the 'low' mode there? I could see myself packing one of the Aleph-3 based mods 'just because', and is IS getting dark outside again...

I'm using 2x AW LIR123 cells and the resistor in the McE2S is 22ohms. :)

Last edited:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D
Ginseng said:
Icarus,

That is some beautiful work. Truly inspiring! I would love to see these ligts in action. I'm very pleased those 1/2D cells have found a worthy application.

Well done. Very well done!

Wilkey

Hey Wilkey, don't worry about the Aero 1/2D NiMH cells. I'm using them in my Mag74 too! :D

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pi_is_blue said:
Wow, I would love to see a mod like this done on the new HD45. Something along the lines of 3 LuxIII's with 20mm reflectors would be awesome!

Great idea, if you send me yours I'll give it a try! :laughing:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You could fit 3 x 20 in the HD head but it would require some removal of the material in the head. I had a mod planned but opted for 3 x 19 instead. Just think if you had access to a CNC mill like Data has!!! :green: :eek:

Niyalin

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quad-LuxIII FatMag5D/SO27XA (268-349 Lumens)

ohh wowww so wonderful i love this stuff very much .