Best 18650 LED light for under $100.

clint eastwood

Newly Enlightened
Main preference is that is is a well built light that uses one 18650 and is under $100. Would like it to have either a button on the tube section or on the back. Needs two settings at least, high and low. It would be a plus if it could use some other battery type like CR123, but not a necessity.

I don't have an LED preference, because I have no real knowledge of LED's, just something that I can get an hour+ out of on high.

Thanks guys.

fishx65

Enlightened
A bored Surfire 6P or a Solarforce L2 would fit the bill. Add a nice dropin and your good to go.

NightKids

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with either a TK11 or a bored Surefire 6P. The difference is price, you'll be paying heaps more for a Surefire 6P with say a Malkoff drop in.

XP-G has more flood while XP-E has more throw.

Hfili

Newly Enlightened
I got my TK30 for $107.00 plus shipping...It is a wonderful light but I haven't run it on 18650 yet. Thankfully, work supplies us with a decent amount of surefire 123 batteries:naughty:

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Main preference is that is is a well built light that uses one 18650 and is under $100. Would like it to have either a button on the tube section or on the back. Needs two settings at least, high and low. It would be a plus if it could use some other battery type like CR123, but not a necessity.

I don't have an LED preference, because I have no real knowledge of LED's, just something that I can get an hour+ out of on high.

The Jetbeam Jet-III M has been my primary duty light for almost 12 months without issue, good output, throw, UI & build quality... these can be had for under $100.00 USD :thumbsup:

Battery configuration
2 - CR123a
2 - RCR123
1 - 18650
1 - 17670 (not listed in spec's but successfully applied)

Modes
1) default 100% high
2) user definable (from 2Lm to 200Lm+ plus adjustable strobe & signalling)

Manufacturer link HERE
selfbuilt's review HERE
Independent review HERE

Niteowl

Enlightened
If you'd like to go compact, take a look at the L-Mini II. You would have to follow the thread to see when they are available again.

I've got two of these with "warm" LEDs (Q3-5C bin)and think they are an excellent value. They're around $45 IIRC.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Eagletac T100C2 and P100C2 are nice 2-mode lights, that IMHO compare very well with other higher priced lights. They run regulated with anything from 3.6-8.4V.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I have the T20C2 MkII and love it. I love the XP-G R5 LED emittier that gives the light 300 lumen OTF output. It takes 1x18650 or 2x123 with battery sleeve so the 123 cells don't rattle inside. I like how there are only 2 modes initially for this type of light (tactical) and that low and the 3 flashing modes are hidden. And even though the strobe is "hidden" it is also readily available with a double-tap of the forward clicky. If you do a double half-press, it'll be a momentary strobe. If you to a double full-click, it'll stay on until you full-click again to off. Not that I would need strobe or anything but for those in the biz, this is very useful. It goes for $85 but the CPF discount brings it down to ~$78.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam Jet-III M has been my primary duty light for almost 12 months without issue, good output, throw, UI & build quality... these can be had for under $100.00 USD :thumbsup:

Battery configuration
2 - CR123a
2 - RCR123
1 - 18650
1 - 17670 (not listed in spec's but successfully applied)

Modes
1) default 100% high
2) user definable (from 2Lm to 200Lm+ plus adjustable strobe & signalling)

Manufacturer link HERE
selfbuilt's review HERE
Independent review HERE

+1.........Great solid light!!!

gilly

Enlightened
Can't go wrong with the Jet III M. Tons of value for the price - grab one!

Bugout has a 20% discount with code:

cpfjet

:thumbsup: