Best and Brightest Pocket Light

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
If he likes "gadget" factor the LF3XT is pretty amazing. It's small, pretty bright, and amazingly flexible. It comes in a nice wood box. Elite LED should be able to ship quickly too. The Nitecore's are also pretty nice in presentation without the complexity.

Any of the newer high performance lights should wow him if he hasn't been around high performance lights. From there you are looking at the rest of the package for places you can wow him.

kts

Enlightened
Fenix PD20, one of the brightest and smallest pocketlights :thumbsup:

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
I saw that one. Looks nice. Wish it came in a better presentation. Yes I know...means nothing, but it is all part of the wow. I saw a Surefire e1B backup on amazon, but don't know much about them. I want something that can bring down an attacker at night! I know, won't really, but that bright! He has maculer degeneration (sp), so losing eyesight. Brightness would be key!

What about the Fenix PD30? Any thoughts on that?

I can't comment on that light but I think it might use a CR123 battery, something to think about if you plan on using it a lot.
Many of these lights are great, a fancy box or a fancy product. For me I want great performance and you will get a ton of great advice in this forum. Just try and stare at a D10, won't happen your eyes will water and see spots. :thumbsup:

oronocova

Enlightened
How about the EagleTac lights in AA format. "220lm" out of something about the size of a miniMag would make him saw "wow"

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
Problem is getting it here by christmas without paying a buttload for shipping.

So even thou the Surefire isn't rated as bright as the Fenix PD30, it is better? I know it is more expensive also...

I'm sure you can get good shipping rates from 4sevens or Fenix Light they got mine to me in like 4 days or so with regular shipping.
I think you might want to look at a great product versus great packaging. Like someone said, it's like they are trying to sell the box. My Nitecore didn't come in a super impressive box but wow does it work great.
Another light that has a really cool wow factor to it is the Nitecore D20 with that clip and cooling fins, looks really sharp! I'd still buy a Fenix LD2Q5 over it as that has better performance but the Nitecore D20 looks awesome!
Tiff

DucS2R

Enlightened
I like my Fenix PD20 a lot and I have a lot of lights including some premium ones like the Aeon (which I also like a lot). The Fenix is cheap and solid, I like the E1b too but you should also look at the Surefire E2DL, very bright with an awesome coolness factor IMHO.

T.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I'm surprised no one recommended the Fenix PD30.
This torch is very small for a 2 cell light and its extremley bright.
Mine has a very white tint and a flawless beam.
Works great with RCR's too.
This light is probably my brightest torch for its size,i don't think its even 5" long.

phoneguy

Enlightened
I would say that the best bang for the buck would be the Fenix LD2 Q5 and it takes AA batteries that are common and it is small enough to carry in the front pocket. 4sevens ships very quickly and I believe that they also have a package deal that includes a AAA light as well for well under $100.00

Bryan

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
Now looking at getting him an Nitecore Extreme or the Defender. Anyone used it before?

Chewy

Newly Enlightened
I would say that the best bang for the buck would be the Fenix LD2 Q5 and it takes AA batteries that are common and it is small enough to carry in the front pocket. 4sevens ships very quickly and I believe that they also have a package deal that includes a AAA light as well for well under $100.00

Bryan

I got the P2D:naughty:/L1D:naughty: kit from Lighthound for $70 and added the L2D:naughty: body for another $12. In regard to preserving night vision, I also added the red filter for $4. Free shipping!! Oh, and it comes with a diffuser and holster. Great buy, even if it is the discontinued models! (I just hope they're actually in stock, which they say they should be.)

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefires once upon a time came in lovely boxes, I haven't seen one in a long time though that wasn't in a blister pack.

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
I went with the Nitecore extreme. Rated 200 Lm for what that is worth. Looks good, solid reviews from this board and comes in a decent presentation. $88 and will have it by friday.

volntitan

Newly Enlightened
Seems that the extreme is basically a more rugged looking and powerful D10. Also comes in a "case", so looks pretty good.