E

Emilion

My EDC is .... SF L5 in my belt pouch :p
PT Eclipse attached to keychain
and UK 2AAA LED in backpack,
Sometimes an additional : NightFighter 2 in backpack

MoonRise

Enlightened
Arc 4+ or 4x. Is it a perfect light? No, but it is dang good. Small enough to EDC, adjustable light output, rugged, and cool.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer to carry a light with a front lens (if possible glass), I do have them in my pocket.
The ArcAAAs collected lint in between LED and reflector.
When the Arc4 is too large, I have a Lambda Microilluminator or even a NanoMate (all with rechargeables).

simbad

Enlightened
LSHF-P in my pocket and ArcAAA attached to twisty keychain, I've got light enaough, the rest, in my bag depends on the day.This thread becomes again as "what is all your EDC"?,I luv it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm hoping for a brass firefly. Drawing is in a little over a week.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
L1-PR-T-DB917 or X200-PR-T with two stage mod or PR-T DB917-E2e with 2 stage switch mod. These three provide essentially the same beams and illumination levels but the three packages allow for different carry considerations.

And yes, I am most definitely biased! (I would like to think for justified reasons) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
I've no major complaints w/ the Arc 4+ as my EDC. Lives close to my heart, generally, but it has an abiding fascination for my pants pockets.Brilliant, shapely and forgiving. What's not to like? But we have an open relationship and so I'm allowed to sample the smaller delights of the Firefly. I'm waiting for the right opportunity to date a McGizmo creation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, there's no doubt that the PRT is a classic. Question is, how will McGizmo top that?

Waiting in anticipation...

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humm, let me think here.

I'm tempted to say the Arc4+, but I don't have one...yet.

I do have a Firefly and a TW4 both are very nice. Even my Arc LSHP is very nice. But my vote at this time would have to go to the TW4.

GregR

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Best EDC should be the VIP, but I haven't actually touched mine yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If price were really no object, I'd special order a titanium VIP with a custom board that could take multiple voltages and an LED specially made by Lumileds just for my use with nanodot phophors. The LED would be modular so that I could swap it out for a 1/4 watt tungston lattice filament incandescent build by Sandia Labs just for me. Either would produce about 100 lumens. Both could be dimmed to night light level.

The "locator" would consist of a ring of the best glow powder inlaid around the circumference powered by a pair of UV leds that cycle on for 5 seconds every 10 minutes to keep the glow charged.

I'd have to sell my car to pay for one, but it would be the best.

Daniel

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
Tvord 123 light....If you can get him to make one.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of Larry`s lights are spectacular. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Of course...Don`s no slouch, either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gadget_lover said:
If price were really no object, I'd special order a titanium VIP with a custom board that could take multiple voltages and an LED specially made by Lumileds just for my use with nanodot phophors. The LED would be modular so that I could swap it out for a 1/4 watt tungston lattice filament incandescent build by Sandia Labs just for me. Either would produce about 100 lumens. Both could be dimmed to night light level.

The "locator" would consist of a ring of the best glow powder inlaid around the circumference powered by a pair of UV leds that cycle on for 5 seconds every 10 minutes to keep the glow charged.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

PayPal Ready! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Smono

kodiak

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gifARC AAA - modded for luxeon by LED mods As Small As Possible. I love this light. I put the epoxy lens on it. Very bright, long throw. Great everyday carry!

lambo

Newly Enlightened
I have to second Kodiak. Maybe I'm too fussy, but I find even the Arc LS shape and size too large for a pocket. But an Arc AAA modded with a Lux III by LED_ASAP is undetectable on a keyring. Mine is only just perceptibly dimmer than an Arc LSH-S, and if you could put up with less than a hour's runtime, you could probably persuade LED_ASAP to increase the current for even more brightness. Runs longer on NiMHs, too, which is just about perfection.

Unlike Kodiak, however, I've left the acrylic half-ball lens off mine. I really like the broad spill, but there's still a pretty fair hotspot. This light really is bright enough for using on walks.

Cost is in the neightborhood of $90 or so, if price is an object. If it isn't, get three of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif