Best keychain/coin cell light for least money?

jbrams

Newly Enlightened
So I got the ja117 lights from ebay ($0.70) and the $0.49 lights from Fifthunit.

The ja117 are definitely whiter ... the Fifth unit lights are uniformly bluish/purple in hue, but not in a bad way, just relative to my Photon and the ja117 lights.

I want to say the ja117 lights are also brighter, but not by much to be sure. I asked a couple friends which light they thought was brighter and 4/5 say the ja117 is, but one thought the fifthunit light was.

Took two weeks to get the lights from Fifthunit, 1 week from ja117, but that was expected.

The ja117 lights can be had for $0.68 (rather than $0.70) at his website (linked on his auctions) ... ten for $6.80 and free shipping.

Is it worth and extra $0.19/light for the whiter, slightly brighter light?? Not if I'm going to be giving these things away, but as my own back up supply ... yeah, I like the significantly whiter light.

Have yet to check out Dae's lights though, so no conclusions yet.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
jbrams said:
So I got the ja117 lights from ebay ($0.70) and the $0.49 lights from Fifthunit.
I want to say the ja117 lights are also brighter, but not by much to be sure.

Glad to see that you agree totally with my account of these lights...

Like you, I prefer the ja117 ones.

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up 20 of the ebay lights. They came in about 7 days. Very impressed with them for the money. They are brighter and have a more focused beam than some other larger "older style" keychains lights i have. We will see what the battery life is like though in the months to come.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill97z said:
I just picked up 20 of the ebay lights. They came in about 7 days. Very impressed with them for the money. They are brighter and have a more focused beam than some other larger "older style" keychains lights i have. We will see what the battery life is like though in the months to come.

Around 5 hours continuous !

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/133886

tc17

Newly Enlightened
jbrams said:
The ja117 lights can be had for $0.68 (rather than $0.70) at his website (linked on his auctions) ... ten for $6.80 and free shipping.
I see no link in his auctions.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it hidden in another link.
http://stores.walkinshop.com

Although he doesn't have as many colors as QualityChinaGoods does.

Last edited:

lanturn

Newly Enlightened
A little more upscale is the Photon X-Light Micro - LED Keychain Light.
$4.88 at Gad-Zooks.com
I own 4 of them, very nice and bright.
http://www.gad-zooks.com/pht-xlt.html
Features:
Smart Circuit
Electronic, instant full power On/Off at any time.
Full range brightness control.
4 Safety beacons: Slow - Medium - Fast - SOS.
Signal / Morse Code mode.
Single Button Operation - Even with gloves.
Glow-In-The-Dark On/Off button
24k Gold Contacts
Easy Battery Replacement - Energizer Lithium batteries provide long lasting service even in sub-zero temperatures.
Quick Release Ring - Reliably attaches to gear.
12+ hour battery life
Made in USA - from US & foreign parts.
Lifetime Guarantee