Best Keychain Flashlight under $35

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i don't mind the AAA size option, so ones like the Illuminati are ones i like. Just can't seem to make my mind up on which one. The really small keychain ones are not the ones i am looking for, at least not at the moment.

So go for an Illuminati and/or a Maractac :D

how2

Enlightened
This is really cheap Small sun ZY-C42. $14

Identical to the Ultrafire A6 SS but does not take 10440

72g with battery. 8.8cm long
Threads needed cleaning.
Very Bright. 100lumens according Quality goods china
Spill 1.7m diameter from 1m distance from wall.
Lasts more than 30mins

Last edited:

901-Memphis

Enlightened
I can't find the Maratac AAA anywhere, so i don't know which to choose from between this or the Illuminati CA1.

If the Maratac is much cheaper i might go for that.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find the Maratac AAA anywhere, so i don't know which to choose from between this or the Illuminati CA1.

If the Maratac is much cheaper i might go for that.

If you're not in the US County Comm (the Maratac seller) will not ship international orders. The ITP's are basically the same flashlights and you can get them from GoingGear or ShiningBeam...

Skyeye

Enlightened
IMHO, the best all around keychain light is the tiny but powerful Streamlight Nano. I carry one around my neck on a chain 24/7 and also have one on my keychain that's been there for a few years. Both work super and the batteries last longer than you would think with normal use. For $7 and change you can't lose.:hitit:

I have used these two little lights more than any flashlight I own and I have many.:D

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, the best all around keychain light is the tiny but powerful Streamlight Nano. I carry one around my neck on a chain 24/7 and also have one on my keychain that's been there for a few years. Both work super and the batteries last longer than you would think with normal use. For $7 and change you can't lose.:hitit:

I have used these two little lights more than any flashlight I own and I have many.:D

It is a nice light, but lr41 batteries are a bit of a pain. If you don't buy them online your are gonna pay out the rear for them, that is if you can even find them.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
If i truely go with a keychain light does anyone have an opinoin on the ThruNite TiKey ?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/thrunite-tikey.html

I have bought LR44 batteries on ebay for like 7$ for 50 of them in the past for my laser pointers but i think they were very generic crap and i would wonder how i could get my hands on quality ones to replace them with. It says up to 3 hours of runtime, which isn't even max output the whole time.

So if i could find good LR44s i might get this one.

I found LR44s @ batteryjunction, but i am not sure if it is the best deal around. I would def order the 10+ quantity to get the better price.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/malralce2pa.html
thrunite-tikey.html

Last edited:

LightCannon

Enlightened
If i truely go with a keychain light does anyone have an opinoin on the ThruNite TiKey ?

I have bought LR44 batteries on ebay for like 7$ for 50 of them in the past for my laser pointers but i think they were very generic crap and i would wonder how i could get my hands on quality ones to replace them with. It says up to 3 hours of runtime, which isn't even max output the whole time.

I found LR44s @ batteryjunction, but i am not sure if it is the best deal around. I would def order the 10+ quantity to get the better price.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/malralce2pa.html

I've seen both the pre-production and production models. It's a robust little light, although output-wise its essentially a glorified Photon.

Plus it uses multiple LR44 cells. Not very fun to replace. As you can probably tell, I'm a huge advocate of single-cell lights.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
I like the idea of a single AAA because i can use my current rechargeable or buy better ones if i have to. Plus if it came to it, alkalines are cheaper in the long run than button cells.

I do like the size of the TiKey, but finding the proper bulk price on LR44s might be an issue.

LightCannon

Enlightened
The TiKey IS a bit shorter than the AAA lights, but it's quite fat around the waist...

IMHO, you should probably just go for the AAA lights.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a good bright led keychain flashlight at a reasonable price. Any links to good prices and quality units? Durability is always a concern when being in my pocket on my keys, but brightness is always a concern. Battery life plays the least important part in this decision.

Thanks in advance guys!

thrunite-tikey.html

Do you really know what you want/need?
The Thrunite is 10 lumens max. Is that what you call "bright"?
The best keychain flashlights have been pointed out here (Maratac AAA, ITP, Illuminati, Preon...) based in your OP statement. I don't know what advise you're asking for... Go ahead and buy what you want.

LightCannon

Enlightened
Choosing a light on price alone is almost never going to get you what you want/need.
But, on the other hand, if one of the "good" options happens to be one of the cheaper ones, and fits his wants and needs, what's the problem?

I agree that price shouldn't be the only consideration in choosing a light, Marduke, but it does play a large role in the decision-making process.

MKLight

Enlightened
I am looking for a good bright led keychain flashlight at a reasonable price. Any links to good prices and quality units? Durability is always a concern when being in my pocket on my keys, but brightness is always a concern. Battery life plays the least important part in this decision.

Thanks in advance guys!

The TiKey IS a bit shorter than the AAA lights, but it's quite fat around the waist...

IMHO, you should probably just go for the AAA lights.

Do you really know what you want/need?
The Thrunite is 10 lumens max. Is that what you call "bright"?
The best keychain flashlights have been pointed out here (Maratac AAA, ITP, Illuminati, Preon...) based in your OP statement. I don't know what advise you're asking for... Go ahead and buy what you want.

Go for a Photon Freedom or AAA light - one of the above mentioned or a Peak Eiger, Fenix LD01, LiteFlux L2XT, or others. For you, I'd recommend a light in Stainless Steel (SS) or Aluminum (Al). The titanium is nice, but it may not be what you want as a starter light. The SS or Al will have smooth threads from the get go...or with very little maintenance. The Photons are good to go from the get go with no maintenance. I'm not sure what your exact requirements are, but for general/EDC use, the Photon will take care of you. The AAA models will take care of you, as well...including offering a higher high, but not necessarily a lower low. Any of the lights listed in my post or other member's posts are all very good lights. Mainly, it comes down to what styling you prefer, as well as if you want modes...and how many modes you want.

Good luck and let us know your decision.

Take care,
MK