brightest 1 AAA led light?

Miracle

Enlightened
what is the brightest 1 AAA led light?

Any up coming light to look out for?

:faint:

scout24

Flashaholic
Head over to the custom builders and modders, look in Vihn's subforum. Two now I believe at or over 1000lm on a 10440... :) For a few minutes anyhow...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA you say! Brightest is subjective. Look at the TnC Nano-Lux. It is AAA size, but runs a 10440. 750+ lumens. Not to shabby. No it won't work on a standard alki AAA.

For me, regular AAA format using Energizer Lithium AAA's I really really like the Fenix LD02. Probably not the brightest, but for me most useful set up.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't imagine getting much battery life out of a single AAA flashlight. Even the LD02 only gets 45 minutes and that's probably with an Eneloop Pro. Been itching to get one of those :), but went for a 4AAA light instead.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
on 1 Enelop AAA the brightest is the Surefire AAA

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head over to the custom builders and modders, look in Vihn's subforum. Two now I believe at or over 1000lm on a 10440... :) For a few minutes anyhow...

Really? I'm surprised an IMR 10440 could produce enough current to generate 1000 lumen even with direct drive and a fresh cell.

scout24

Flashaholic
Fireclaw- I don't own a sphere, and am going by descriptions given. Vinh has a pretty good track record of being straight up with his mods. Even at 750 or so OTF, I think his mods are the brightest AAA sized lights at the moment.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I couldn't imagine getting much battery life out of a single AAA flashlight. Even the LD02 only gets 45 minutes and that's probably with an Eneloop Pro. Been itching to get one of those :), but went for a 4AAA light instead.

The LD02 is rated for 45 minutes on high, but don't you think you'd be likely to use a AAA more often on medium or even low? Medium is rated for over 4 hours and low over 14, which is at least acceptable (in my opinion).

I almost grabbed an E05, but I'm holding out for the LD02 for the same reasons I bought the LD09 over the E12. I like the clicky switch better, and the clip. I find the clip useful when carrying the light in my shirt pocket, and it's not unheard of for a flashlight to roll off my bookcase headboard and hit me in the head. The clip is able to overcome a situation that would probably be better addressed by a little common sense on my part :grin2:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? I'm surprised an IMR 10440 could produce enough current to generate 1000 lumen even with direct drive and a fresh cell.

Not all 10440 can handle the same draw. Also, Vinh specifies at turn on on a fresh cell. He also says 2 minute bursts max for 6 minutes TOTAL. If that's not hot rod, I don't know what is.

Ultrafire cells need not apply. I use the super high drain eFest in mine. That light is insane for being smaller than a lip balm cylinder.

Word to the wise, that vinh 10440 is so balls-to-the-wall it has no thermal or over discharge protection. Pedal to the metal, no safety net. Not for noobs and children.

Last edited:

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LD02 is rated for 45 minutes on high, but don't you think you'd be likely to use a AAA more often on medium or even low? Medium is rated for over 4 hours and low over 14, which is at least acceptable (in my opinion).

I almost grabbed an E05, but I'm holding out for the LD02 for the same reasons I bought the LD09 over the E12. I like the clicky switch better, and the clip. I find the clip useful when carrying the light in my shirt pocket, and it's not unheard of for a flashlight to roll off my bookcase headboard and hit me in the head. The clip is able to overcome a situation that would probably be better addressed by a little common sense on my part :grin2:

True, but the OP is looking for a bright AAA light. If he was looking for a bright AA device that would be a different story.

emp13

Newly Enlightened
Titanium Innovations Illuminati CA1-AL = 132 Lumen

ThruNite Ti3 = 120 Lumens

FOURSEVENS Preon 1 / P1 = 84 lumens

Surefire Titan-A = 125 lumen

Lighthound Cree XPG R5 LED = 126 lumens

Streamlight MicroStream (66318) = 35 Lumens

Pelican 1910 = 30 lumens

Olight i3S = 80 Lumen

INOVA XS = 57 lumens

MAGLITE Solitaire LED = 37 Lumen

Coast G19 = 54 Lumen

Niteye NE01 = 10 Lumens

------------------------------

Led Lenser P2 = 11 Lumen

Led Lenser P3 = 14 Lumen

Led Lenser M3R = 220 Lumens

Fenix E01 = 13 lumens

Fenix E05 = 85 Lumens

Fenix LD01 = 72 Lumen

Fenix LD02 = 100 Lumen

Nitecore T0 = 12 Lumen

Nitecore T2s = 50 Lumen

Nitecore T5s = 65 Lumen

Sunwayman R02A R5 = 66 lumens

Sunwayman R01A = 10 Lumens

Klarus Mi02 = 13 Lumens

Klarus MiX6 Ti Titanium = 85 Lumens

Klarus Mi10 AL = 85 Lumens

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not true! I saw some on Ebay a while back that put out well over 1500 lumen with a regular AAA! I know its a fact because it read so in the title!! :dedhorse::banned::nana::nana:

lol

You are mistaken.
There is no way a regular AAA can produce 1500 lumens.
I think it's foolish to believe any claim like that by an Ebay seller.

emp13

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]Fenix LD02 Flashlight Beamshots (compared to LD01)[/h]

Norm

Retired Administrator
Posts containing Links and hot linked images have been Deleted, Please see the banner at the top of the page - Norm

beastman

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Fenix LD series. I want the LD02. I have the LD01. Of all my lights this one gets the most use. It's always hanging on my keychain. My wife even asked for one.

The LDs are not the brightest AAA, but likely among the most useful. Other than the "Wow!" factor, much brighter will be more Roman Candle than torch.

Just my $.02