Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pori, huh? Way down in the south. Do you ever fish in the Patusjärvi lake?

I think in Sweden, you pay customs and tax on the shipping price too or something.

Bananas...I think you may be talking about PLANTAINS

I'm still looking for someone to pick up the camera for me in Philadelphia but can't find anyone
so I'm guessing I'll miss this one too :(
Damn country's too big. Sometimes, that's not a good thing :(

I stopped drinking milk 45 years ago. I can't stand regular milk.
Love buttermilk but not regular milk.

Toblerone is some good $hit bro.

I once bought this huge 5kg Toblerone from a souvenir shop at the Cologne train station.

Thing must have been 20-30" long.

It as a trip going into the movies in Sweden with this thing under my arm and people
freaking out. One day some dude said that it was fake. Shut him up when I started
braking off triangles the size of bread slices, hehhhe

Oops, here you go :)

311_gr.jpg

http://www.swiss-memories.ch/shop/U...b7b00dfe5f3db69d60376943&w=1280&h=738#Ziel311

Apparently, they made one that weighs 102kg too http://www.toblerone.ch/history/schoggifest2010?sc_lang=de-ch

:)

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
and she is rather pretty too. :)

yeah.. having one of those oversized chokos would be rather cool.. *hug your chokolate once a day* would be SOOO much more better.. the chokolate bar would be big enough to feel like its "hugging back"! wow! hahahah

-------
patusjärvi? oh..right, palusjärvi. and no i have never fished there. i dont fish that much anymore :(. but if i do, i fish on the river, and its delta for better word (the mouth of the river).. and sometimes on the sea. (the delta is more my area, as my parents summer cottage is located there.) its connected directly to the sea. part of the shoreline, but it hardly ever gets any salty water because of the river.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what kind of fish do you catch and is there a lot of fish there?

I love fishing AND eating fish

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
mostly just pike and perch. and yeah. there is plenty fish livin there.. around the cottage they are rather small in size (shallow waters ..big like deeper waters)

but its great mating ground, for instance pike comes there to mate, so then one could basically row a boat next to them and pick them up by hand.. hahah. and anytime during the summer if the water is really low, one can easily see the wake or the backfin of all bigger than 2 kilos.. biggest i have got few dozen yards away from the porch (with net) was over 7kilos (15lbs) but most pikes living there are more like 1-3 kilograms (young pikes hunting the small pray that likes to eat there).

best fish: the one you caught half an hour before, gutted, salted and its now getting grilled on the open fire in frying pan. (tiny perch maybe)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah.. good way to spend/waste time.. fishing for fun with one of those cork bobblers..

ahh.. summer memories: sitting by the water feet dug into sand/mud ankle deep in water.. in the evening sun.. all laid back and no where to go.. and casually keeping eye on that bobbler time to time.. kinda hoping it wont move.. as then you are supposed to do something about it. hahah. its better just just relax there in the sun just sipping your favorite favorite cold drink. be it beer soda or what ever.. just be. do nuthing. relax and enjoy.

i normally do that couple times a summer.. just drive up to cottage on my own, sit there for few hours (sometimes intentionally "forgetting" to put a worm in the hook.. those pesky fish wont bother you then)

---
anyone done any ice fishing?
you know.. drilling a hole in few feet thick ice.. drop hook and line in and wait for the bite while you freez your butt out there. hahah.

used to do that more often in winter time.. but havent been in few years.. maybe this year when ice is still thick but sun starts to warm you up..

---

damn those perches in pictures are monster sized! hah. fighting one of that size aint fun anymore. hah. they are tiny up at our little cove. palm sized or smaller. kinda 3 bite size after grilling. (hungry man does one with one or two hahah)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn nonsence, you're a friggin' poet :)

I think those perch are american and everything's bigger here :)

I've done ice fishing, very cool actually :)

Sitting in the summer fishing huh? What? No mosquitoes?

In northern sweden they'd eat you alive :(

My mom said that last year was really bad with the mosquitoes

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, Nogg, how you doin' and is Acid back yet? My memory is shot but I don't remember getting any
asian food pics

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
and happy valentines day to you guys. (over here its more like friends day ..it is named as such.. not so love focused)

there might be few mosquitoes but not bad.. and it was easy last year here on the mosquitos.. the weather was so that they didnt breed well. and ofcourse there is the repellents to use.

yeah, pictures of the asian girl are still missing.. :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
and happy valentines day to you guys. (over here its more like friends day ..it is named as such.. not so love focused)

there might be few mosquitoes but not bad.. and it was easy last year here on the mosquitos.. the weather was so that they didnt breed well. and ofcourse there is the repellents to use.

yeah, pictures of the asian girl are still missing.. :)

I know what happened with the skeeters (southern for mosquitoes) Nonsence, they all went to Sweden :)

Acid87

Enlightened
Guys I am home! I'm safe and didn't have to get the UK government to swap me for any Vietcong prisoners. I've not uploaded any photos yet because I'm lazy. Ive put them on Facebook which probably doesn't help but hey it's a start.

How is everyone?

I had some nice food away some interesting meats. Snake, water buffalo, frogs, pigeon and maybe a four legged animal that barks called sparky. Apart from that it was noodle soup called Fu gai. The gai is just chicken I think bo was beef can't remember the spelling etc.

I promise I'll get back on this soon. Just been a bit busy since coming back. I've been teaching all the new starts at my work how to stop themselves killing customers.

Steven

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Killing customers should be allowed. I bet it'd relieve tension like a mofo :)

Latest posts