Buying Surefire on Ebay: Authentic or Counterfeit?

reptiles

Enlightened
Re: Buying Ebay: Not so bad...

eBay is not a sole source; it is many independent sellers, including some of the members here. There are always good and bad in any venue.

While I do like this forum very much for the help, advice, trades, and the 106 lights I purchased, I do have to remember the few bad eggs that failed to deliver.

On eBay I purchased over 2,000 items (inc. lights) over the years (and sold about 300) and my only major disappointment was a Chinese antiquity I purchased that was not as old as it was purported to be.

Meanwhile on CPF, I lost money on three lights (in 9 years) that were not delivered.

So while I cheerfully recommend this forum to my fellow flashlight fanatics; I should be suggesting eBay based on statistics for purchases.

YMMV.

Regards,

Mark

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought probably around 10 or so Surefires on ebay in recent years and every one of them were legit. To me it seems to be the best place to get a deal on the common models. To this day, I've probably only bought 2 Surefires from retailers and that was only because they included some extras like batteries and free shipping. I'm cheap and a bargain hunter and so ebay would be the place for me to look for Surefires if I can't get a good deal from a fellow forum member. And besides if you do get a fake, Paypal will refund your money. It can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, but usually things get resolved if you run into that kind of trouble.

garden

Newly Enlightened
-Seller located in USA
Why?

___
Also, many people don't know the difference between a genuine brand-name product and a counterfeit one, so the reviews aren't very useful.

My advice is to buy from official dealers, on specific websited (e.g. Surefire.com) because sellers of high quality lights on Ebay for cheap prices, HAVE NOWHERE TO MAKE PROFIT. In other words, they can only
1. get their stock from other dealers, (then they wouldn't make much profit)
2. become a dealer themselves (if they do, they probably wouldn't sell on eBay),
3. or sell fakes.

Roger999

Enlightened
I try to stick with sellers who have more than 10k posts with 99%+ feedback and sells other sf lights.

EDIT:
Why?

___
Also, many people don't know the difference between a genuine brand-name product and a counterfeit one, so the reviews aren't very useful.

My advice is to buy from official dealers, on specific websited (e.g. Surefire.com) because sellers of high quality lights on Ebay for cheap prices, HAVE NOWHERE TO MAKE PROFIT. In other words, they can only
1. get their stock from other dealers, (then they wouldn't make much profit)
2. become a dealer themselves (if they do, they probably wouldn't sell on eBay),
3. or sell fakes.
If I bought from official surefire dealers, I'd be paying $400 for an A2 LED when I know you guys are paying $200 for them since surefire doesn't allow any of their dealers to ship overseas....

Last edited:

Walterk

Enlightened
I don't really understand the hassle...

For example the 20/35W Oracle HID, 450USD from US seller or 200USD from Ebay... Because it is has the mark Oracle printed on it...?
It's an OEM-flashlight, branded by Oracle, and thats all folks.

Its just 'grey import' , other channels and less overhead, lower prices.
I never bothered to think twice, spotting the same product for 20% less incl shipping on E-bay.

Latest posts