Cabelas A2 copy

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
i doubt theres a regulation circuitry on that xenon:laughing:

I'm sure there isn't. But, if this light could be modded to run a 3.7V lamp on a single li-ion, it could still be a nice setup.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
I've also noticed that Sportsman's Warehouse is offering Surefire knockoffs. They are making copies of the 6P and E1L and E2L from what it looks like. I think its sad when people make cheap Chinese knockoffs of good products. Then again that is the way the market works. Its only a matter of time before people start questioning the value of certain products and going with a lower priced model.

Illum

Flashaholic
strat1080 said:
I've also noticed that Sportsman's Warehouse is offering Surefire knockoffs. They are making copies of the 6P and E1L and E2L from what it looks like. I think its sad when people make cheap Chinese knockoffs of good products. Then again that is the way the market works. Its only a matter of time before people start questioning the value of certain products and going with a lower priced model.

yep....unfortunately its true...

If you compare different things side by side, usually the american product is more expensive when the application is the same. cheaper things that may break down easily will encourage buyers to buy more thus improving the market...thats how the dollar store got started

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the model with a white and colored leds. It was ok with one or the other color, but both made a mess. Neither light was well focused or had a good beam.

marxs

Enlightened
you get what you paid for. knock-offs will always be around the corner. be a smart shopper and then decide if its worth spending on something that has no warranty, may break in a week or two, or will not stand up to some abuse vs something that has been tried and tested.

mark

adnj

Enlightened
I bought a Cabela's knock-off. I kept it for three days and then took it back for a full refund. No questions asked. I bought a Surefire instead. Great store.

gumbydammit

Newly Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
Can they do that? That is seriously a downright copy of Surefires' product.

Could even be a Surefire. I don't know about this particular light or Surefire's marketing in particular, but sometimes a tier 1 manufacturer in a market will sell a slightly de-featured product, or one of slightly lower quality based on their top product so they can sell it at a lower cost and keep a bigger share of the overall market. Sometimes they will have it manufactured in another country or use inferior materials to lower the cost.

Idea is to beat the cloners at their own game. Frequently these 2nd tier products will be marketed under a different name or licensed to another company like Cabellas or Sportsmans Warehouse.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by a Cabellas' employee, that the lamp assemblies for their 6v,9v and 12v XPG Xenon lights, are manufactured by Surefire. They look exactly the same as the P60,P90,etc.

Illum

Flashaholic
dizzy said:
I was told by a Cabellas' employee, that the lamp assemblies for their 6v,9v and 12v XPG Xenon lights, are manufactured by Surefire. They look exactly the same as the P60,P90,etc.

mmm:grin2:
if they are cheaper than surefires line I'd pick up a few...

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
dizzy said:
thats funny i to called cabelas and they said that they were made in china i gues one will have to buy one to find out the truth