Can you name the movie or TV show?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyclad01 said:
I'll take a stab in the dark and say; Tremors?
Tremors the TV show was filmed in Mexico. Tremors the original movie was filmed in Lone Pine, CA near Death Valley. The place in the picture is much closer to where you live.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
LowBat said:
Tremors the TV show was filmed in Mexico. Tremors the original movie was filmed in Lone Pine, CA near Death Valley. The place in the picture is much closer to where you live.

I have to admit that right now, with no clues yet, I am offically stumped. I wonder if anyone can jump in right now with and good guesses before any clues are given.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You wouldn't recognise this place if your were standing in it unless someone pointing out certain nearby terrain features. The only way your going to figure this one out is by the man made objects in the picture.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
M.A.S.H.?

JM-99
Bing! Bing! Bing! We have a winner!

This is the filming location from the M*A*S*H series now located within Malibu Creek State Park in the Santa Monica Mountains. It's not too far away from Paramount Ranch. The picture was taken from the helicopter pad looking down on the relics of a jeep and army ambulance. If you were to look south from the helicopter pad you could see the same hills that Radar saw with the helicopters flying in. That scene is the first few seconds of the M*A*S*H introduction. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

EDIT: I found a small picture of it!
MASHmountains.jpg

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next Picture(s):

The party that gave Death Valley its name thought they had seen a town in the distance and at last were saved. However as they got closer they discovered what they thought were buildings and chimneys was actually a natural formation. This unique place has been used in a few movies. Do you remember what movie(s) you saw this place in?

883a1711a.jpg

517ef8b3a.jpg

Uh, yeah that's my car in the picture.:devil:
fc6e2de4a.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Very interesting thread with pictures going on here LowBat! :wave:

Now this latter pictures—Hmmm. . .:thinking:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
I'll go with my original gut feeling then; Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?

magic79

Enlightened
I'm guessing Capricorn One.

Question on the MASH pic (which I did guess but was at lunch!): Do studios often leave their garbage to rust and rot after filming is complete?

Would you mind if I posted one?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyclad01 said:
I'll go with my original gut feeling then; Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?
Perhaps you're thinking of Devil's Tower in Wyoming? Close Encounters did some desert filming in this region as well, but not at the place in my pictures. You are on the right track by thinking about science fiction movies.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
magic79 said:
I'm guessing Capricorn One.

Would you mind if I posted one?
Capricone One was filmed at Red Rock Canyon State Park, Cantil, California. I have been wanting to go there and it's on my list for a future visit. By all means I'd appriciate other members posting their pictures too. As soon as someone gets my last set of pictures correct I'll yield the floor to you.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
dragoman said:
Pitch black

dragoman
That's a very good guess! This place looks so much like the formations those creatures were coming out of at nightfall. However, Pitch Black was filmed in Australia.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT said:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Although it's been a while since I've seen it.
Filmed in California, Utah, UK, Italy and Spain, and I believe Jordan was the place where they found the grail (cresent of the moon valley or something like that). Nope, they didn't film it where I took the pictures.

EDIT: I had to look that one up. It was Petra, Jordan that was used in the movie at the end of Last Crusade.

Last edited:

Latest posts