Car towed from shopping parking lot

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, ethics- who needs that nowadays when people are just trying to make a buck.

Maybe hold a yard sale and post up a small sign saying anyone coming onto the private property is obligated to pay a $75 minimum charge to look. It's your property, after all, so you can dictate the terms, if I understand the concept clearly enough. Of course this idea would require some overhead in hiring enforcers to hold the prospective customers until they fulfill their obligations- :grin2:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several phrases come to mind:

-Thieves
-Kidnappers
-Pirates

An interesting thing to do might be to walk into a police station, tell them your car was stolen, and call the ticket/notification a ransom note. Of course, they might fine you for wasting their time, so don't really do this.

This seriously sounds like carnapping to me. Weird.

If you really want it to stop, try picketing. If customers understand that they might be robbed with no legal recourse, they might reconsider their shopping options. I know this isn't fair to those who aren't at fault, but they might try to improve the situation.

All I know is that if this happens to my car (~3 weeks old), I'll be irritating everyone and anyone connected to it by any legal means.

Note: I condone no illegal actions. This post is for entertainment purposes only. If you get in trouble, I don't exist. :)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why all the "get even" tactics? Why do anything when technically she was in the wrong.

She DID park there, there WAS a sign plainly stating the rules and by parking there she accepted those rules. She DID leave their property, she DID leave her car there, so she DID break the rules. So what else should one expect but to pay the penalty. This is assuming of course that the rules are plainly stated in plain view of the public which unless I missed it, has not been shown one way or the other, but assumed to have been unobtrusive.

Yes it is a pain in the butt, but the mall does have the right to put rules on parking there. And it is up to the public to pay attention and see what they may be, and fillow them, or pay the consequences.

Pay the charges and chalk it up to experience like an adult. If she does not want to shop there any more that is her perogative. Even if she wishes to state her opinion to the business owners, or in a local newspaper commentary that is one thing, but some of these other silly childish get even garbage is rediculous. Ignorance of the rules, or the law is no excuse for breaking them.

Last edited: