Caution!!! Ebay HID

Acid87

Enlightened
Bampots. This has happened to me a few times. Its bad enough losing an auction to last second bids but upping the price for financial gain is pure greed.
Cheers for the heads up though.

Steven

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed phantom buyers from time to time. Unless I really want the item, I've already bid my top. I have noticed that a lot of times it is buyers with a very small number of purchases, which would fit a theory about creating *ghost* bidders. If you really want something, keep looking for another one. Set a limit for yourself. Then *ghosts* won't affect you in any way. :whistle:

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
his bidder has a low feedback count and has bid on every single item he puts up I'm fairly convinced he is bumping but as stated once max has been set for me he will just loose out on the sale if his buddy or him bids higher. The big thing is he always bids first to run up the bids so you will never get that light for less then $80 I want one and need one but will never buy from him, just wanted to make others aware of his actions. I had a private sale for one lined up but the guy changed his mind on the sale so the search continues.

Joe

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a shame if it's true. The right thing to do is simply list it with higher starting bid.
It's also possible that the 2nd person just want the light for certain price but keep losing, so he keep trying again & again?

I have won 3 Mozo HID auctions from this seller. Had good experiences dealing with him.

The right technique for smart bidding is to set up a Sniper account, I use Justsnipe.com & Ez sniper.
The service is free. Just set your price limit & forget about it. It does the bidding for you a few second before end of auction.

Don't watch the auction, so you won't get "emotional" about it. If you didn't win, then set another one up later as he 's been selling the Mozo one at a time for a while now.

Last edited:

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Wish I could say otherwise the bidder has won from him when no one else put in a bid. I can tell you for sure I have a strong feeling about this and seldom wrong. looking at the bidders history says he bids on stuff from this guy more then any other person selling on ebay (another hint) Guess I'll keep looking. I would like to get one but then again I would also like a barn burner lol doubt I'll find one of those especially in 75W flavor. But I'm looking.

Joe

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
looks like we will find out if this guy is for sure bidding his own auctions I KNOW HE IS THO the low feedback bidder won so will see if he bids up another still waiting to hear from ebay on this matter.

Joe

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
yep I hate when people do that it makes me not trust them enought to buy from them no matter I will get one eventualy just not from him I'm still looking got those 12V 9300 Mah batteries in for my cyclops powere it up on just one so I pulled the both apart to run parallel gonna use a deans connector so I can charge both independantly.

Joe

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
Shill bidding has always been a part of eBay. You also see people put up BS auctions and make up other accounts to build up seller feedback so that people will buy from them. With so many auctions eBay likely has their hands full, but eBay often takes a "free market" attitude in that it's mainly our responsibility.....

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You also see people put up BS auctions and make up other accounts to build up seller feedback so that people will buy from them.

Very true, I've seen one case that a seller putting up over 50 units of large plasma TV real cheap in a few days time, loads of people bidding on it, when I studied his feedback, over 100 feedbacks in 2 month all made of items under $5.

I run for the hills, I bet that was one big scam.

richpalm

Banned
Why would Buy it now be preferred? Is it safer?

Just a personal preference for impatient me. I hate auctions... I just can't stand the mind games, bidding or any part of it. Like going to a store: Walk in, buy what I need, leave. Done. No games or waiting.

Rich

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that's illegal on ebay. You aren't supposed to do that. You might want to let the seller know that, and let him know that you will be forced to report it to Ebay.com. Although, if you were to receive a free HID kit, you might not have time to send that E-mail to Ebay.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that's illegal on ebay. You aren't supposed to do that. You might want to let the seller know that, and let him know that you will be forced to report it to Ebay.com. Although, if you were to receive a free HID kit, you might not have time to send that E-mail to Ebay.

LOL I wish I could do something like that but then it makes me no better then him ebay has been notified so we will see if they catch him. I have saved the last 10 auctions for both lights and submitted them to ebay for rev...

Joe

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to let the seller know that, and let him know that you will be forced to report it to Ebay.com. Although, if you were to receive a free HID kit, you might not have time to send that E-mail to Ebay.

LOL, that's "extortion", you'll get banned from ebay for doing that.
You can't even say something like "feedback pending on your response", which is a mild form of extortion.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, uhh, for future reference, you must have misread me. People forget things, it happens >.>

But seriously, yeah, don't extort people.