Celluar phone photography-boon or bane?

damn you cyber monday and my sucky impulse control got a google pixel 6a for 99 bucks didnt even have to sign a contract or switch carriers lol. its nice for the price

thanks i like it so far just wish the display was 120hz for gaming

Recent trip to my wife's dad's grave in remote Glen Spey, NY. Place is very Edgar Allen Poe-ish, amazing place! I have a pretty fast eye and can see a picture right away.
These were done on my Note 20 Ultra in pro mode since it loves to blow out highlights. Automatic is out, I've always shot full manual. Did the black and white conversion right on the tablet. Cropped one and fiddled with contrast and curves a little but don't like to "cheat."
I'm pleased (y)

Attachments

• gs1 b&w1.jpg
    gs1 b&w1.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 65
  • gs3 b&w~2.jpg
    gs3 b&w~2.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 66
  • gs4 b&w1.jpg
    gs4 b&w1.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20231114_115949~2.jpg
    20231114_115949~2.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 66
I could barely see any of this and this was hand held shot no flash.. at least I think I had flash off lol. It'd not bad for a cheap phone. Not as nice as a good one but decent

nah i didnt see it i was inside lol. camera said it woukd take 4 minutes for photo so i went back inside lol. then viewed footage. still learning to use phone. but love it for 99 bucks lol

i m not sure how i even made the video. lol. i was trying to do a photo

Recent trip to my wife's dad's grave in remote Glen Spey, NY. Place is very Edgar Allen Poe-ish, amazing place! I have a pretty fast eye and can see a picture right away.
These were done on my Note 20 Ultra in pro mode since it loves to blow out highlights. Automatic is out, I've always shot full manual. Did the black and white conversion right on the tablet. Cropped one and fiddled with contrast and curves a little but don't like to "cheat."
I'm pleased (y)

Even during the daytime I often use the nightsight setting on my Pixel. It forces HDR. Give you better dynamic range and a more natural look for a lot of shots. Not always, but often if a lot of contrast and you need to tame something really bright or bring out the shadows.