Check out the new STREAMLIGHT's

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Check out the new STREAMLIGHT\'s

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Given the almost-too-low-to-be-true prices, if these new SL's live up to their expectations they will blow some of the traditional specialty lightmakers out of the water...

I have no doubt the Nuwai clone-like versions were contracted out for overseas manufacture, but the more specialized Tactical and NightFighter models like the 5-watt Luxeon TL-3 will probably be made in the USA (to be taken with the usual MR Bulk disclaimer: "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it")...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yea, I'm sure that Streamlight will be able to produce hundreds of thousands of lights in the 3AA Luxeon Star format, that match the hand tweaked, hand built, hand picked Lights that you sometimes sell . . . .

Anyway, Charlie, I want to buy TOMORROW's lights from you. How long has it been since I purchased my first LGI from you, almost a year?

You bring us TOMORROW's Stuff today, and you do it at a nice price.

Hey, you are the MAN!

Now, go back to your mafia/cia/interpoll/columbian/vatican connections, and source some more "too bright to be real" stuff!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MDM said:
I'm assuming these new streamlights are not regulated, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

fortunately yes, to keep the cost down. consider it a snob free surefire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:
.....I would also like for someone to explain the often said statement that "an adjustable spot-flood is some how not great". I find that feature absolutely wonderful. I must be missing something here.......

[/ QUOTE ]

JohnK,

I would like to add another reason to TSG's comments. The advantage of a fixed-focus light becomes apparent when you require immediate presentation of an optimum beam in response to a sudden, unanticipated situation.

Many focusable lights are subject to inadvertant defocus which is why some of the better known tactical lights (ie SureFire, Tacm III, ASP Taclite) are fixed focus. The Taclite is, or at least used to be, an exception because its internal focus model remained locked in the focus selected by the user. It was a true "focus and forget" light. It's my understanding that this model has been discontinued, a genuine shame.

I would have less objection to a non-tactical focusing
light, though as TSG says its beam will not be optimum throughout most of its focus range.

Brightnorm

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

i didnt intend to imply that these lights would be good only for a non-flashaholic. i personally intend to get SEVERAL of them!

i merely meant to point out that a non-flashaholic might really like it because it easily goes from dim to bright, and uses a simple switch. plus it is small.

the light appears to have near surefire output, at a fraction of the cost, with a simpler switch, and the option of long running LED's.

i contend that for a non-flashaholic, a surefire is NOT appropriate. it is too expensive (except the G2), uses proprietary bulb assemblies, and 1 hour of runtime is WAY too short.

therefore: the twin task light would probably be well suited to a non-flashaholic (as well as a flashaholic) because it is inexpensive, tough, bright/dim, simple switch.

again, the only downer is the expensive batteries--though they can be purchased online for ~$1.25 each...which by my standards is still NOT inexpensive. heck, you can get 48AA for like $10.

Bob

kz1000s1

Enlightened

I just got a flyer from a local outdoors store advertising twin-task lights starting at $20 and the TL-2 for $47. When I called to see if they had the TL-2, he said it was expected in this week but didn't arrive yet. Didn't ask about the t-t.

I will be buying one (or more) of these, starting with the 5W TL-3. At the SHOT Show I tried out all of them and was impressed by the look, feel, and performance. The only thing I didn't like was not having a clickie switch like the Scorpion. Output of the 5W was brighter than the Surefire 6P I brought for comparison, and the color was very good. When asked when it would be out, The Streamlight rep said March or April.