Chinese p60 bulbs any good compared to the legit surefire p60?

cheeman150

Newly Enlightened
I saw chinese imitation surefire p60 bulbs that were very cheap. I was wondering how they compare to the real surefire 6p bulbs. are they better or worst. Are they as bright? do they last longer or shorter? Do they drain batteries quicker? and are they worth buying?

mat_the_cat

Newly Enlightened
It's really impossible for anyone to comment - all you've given us is the country of origin! There are good parts to come out of China, and bad parts (like any country). So unless someone has tested these specific bulbs we can't say. The fact that they're very cheap suggests that quality may not have been high up the list of priorities though...

For what it's worth I've been very happy with Lumens Factory replacement bulbs for my A2, both quality and service.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple rule
You get what you paid for.
But nothing could beat those cheap lamp, at the price

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am very happy with my Lumens Factory P60-style lamp. I purchased an HO-6 a couple of years ago for my G2 since I wanted a little more output than the Surefire P60 gave me. As a friend used to say, "Works great, lasts long time!"

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've purchased several Chinese P60 incandescent bulbs and have found some brighter than others. No way to know until you try. If the light is important to you, I'd go with Lumens Factory bulbs.

fyrstormer

Banned
As a general rule, Chinese factories make products that are EXACTLY as good as the customer requests. They don't really buy into the "make it better just to prove you can" mantra that European factories do. It's just a cultural difference.

Which is to say, there is no way for us to tell if the parts are any good just because you say they're made in China.