Christmas Gifts X! (enter here)

ToyTank

Enlightened
Christmas was fun. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas too. :party:

Thanks carling, you too-I did it was busy:santa:

I live by myself but my parents, brothers, nieces and nephews, grandma, etc about 20 people over mostly kids. Now everyone is gone it is so quite and feeling a bit lonely. My dog misses the kids too.

I'm about 20 flashlights lighter and I think I converted some new blood into flashaholics. I've never had my flashlights on display before about 2 weeks ago-the kids could not stay away from my curio cabinet of lights!

H-Man

Enlightened
Apparently titanium needs higher quality lubricant than other metals- I was worried something was wrong with my light. Everything turned out better than expected.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Apparently titanium needs higher quality lubricant than other metals- I was worried something was wrong with my light. Everything turned out better than expected.

Glad to hear it. I'd feel terrible if someone received a light from me during the Christmas Giveaway, and then mentioned that it wasn't working properly. I love David's offerings. But with the older 4Sevens models, it's good to give the threads a wipe and re-lube every now and then to keep the lights working reliably. I prefer to use Nyogel on my lights. But I'm curious. Which lube did you use?

H-Man

Enlightened
Glad to hear it. I'd feel terrible if someone received a light from me during the Christmas Giveaway, and then mentioned that it wasn't working properly. I love David's offerings. But with the older 4Sevens models, it's good to give the threads a wipe and re-lube every now and then to keep the lights working reliably. I prefer to use Nyogel on my lights. But I'm curious. Which lube did you use?

Dielectric grease (not the best, but I haven't had a chance to get anything better until recently due to me needing to take care of more pressing matters, now that I have time I can replace it.) It needs replacing with nyogel I think because it almost feels like sand is in the threads even after I swabbed the entire light clean and relubed it. Since it feels that way, I'm going to try to avoid using it until I get some nyogel, spring semester dosn't start until the 14th so it will get here in time for EDC duty.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I appreciate the response. Thank you.

I hope you get many years of good performance out of it. :)

adubbz

Newly Enlightened
I would like to enter and be considered.

While I might not have as many problems as some of these guys and don't deserve it as much. I recently purchased a house and have all my money drained. I'm fairly new in the flashlight world. I've been interested for a year or so.

As I said, I've been struggling with my house payments. I've used flashlights a million times in my house already, but something of better quality would help my significantly.

Thanks for the chance.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now for the Minimag Pro.
Glad you got it that quick. Considering it has to cross borders and your country's security people are trying very hard to make sure no WMDs get into the country.

I ordered a LED light bulb from EarthLED. USPS picked it up from CO Dec 4. It left LA on Dec 11 (wrong way USPS!!! I'm between Buffalo and Toronto). Finally got it Dec 19.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I would like to enter and be considered.

While I might not have as many problems as some of these guys and don't deserve it as much. I recently purchased a house and have all my money drained. I'm fairly new in the flashlight world. I've been interested for a year or so.

As I said, I've been struggling with my house payments. I've used flashlights a million times in my house already, but something of better quality would help my significantly.

Thanks for the chance.

Sorry to say, but this year's Giveaway is over.

Korgath

Newly Enlightened
Wow, my Quark Pro arrived yesteraday. An ABSOLUTE BEAUTY. Awesome lightning. Huge thanks to KSBMAN for the great brand new flashlight and the 12 pack surefire batteries! Im set for at least 6 months with those!! However, now I'll have to get some rechargeable to use in the medium term on those. The CR123 costs are just too prohibitive!!

The illumination is amazing.

Anybody can recommend me a CHEAP charger and a safe rechargeable that will fit in the Quark X 123 flashlight?

Here are pics of the beast :)
rEb0G.jpg

TQs1q.jpg

Onthelightside

Enlightened
I would suggest an AW 17670 battery which will fit the tube and make the light much safer than one with two lithium rechargeables. As for a charger I have the 4sevens charger and had no problems but I have heard good things about the intellicharge i4 charger which is pretty cheap.

The quarks are really cool lights. If you want you could get a fenix headband and you have one of the best headlamps around.:D

ToyTank

Enlightened

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
Eternitys light finally shipped today, he was aware that he would have to wait because i was away from home for a few weeks. Hope everyone's happy with their gifts and had a great holiday season:twothumbs

Lite-Bright

Newly Enlightened
I have used my donated lights so much ... I think I may have used them (hours) more than my Quark AA2 !
I got a lot of use out of the 'extra' Romisen RC-G2 III R5 as I used it to 'light my way' when adding water to the Christmas tree :D

Persefone

Newly Enlightened
Just received quark turbo, this thing is bright! I'll use it this evening to see how far it goes! thank you ksbman!

H-Man

Enlightened
Ended up clipping the minimag pro to the bill of my baseball cap. It worked, I was able to bolt my power steering rack back to the firewall.