Christmas Gifts XI! (enter here)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
What if I don't have a digital multimeter :eek:

I do recommend you get one. They can be had for under $10, and if all you want from it is checking voltage, cheap meters are plenty accurate. Just don't go playing around with mains power (120/240V) unless you know what you are doing. It is worth it, to make yourself safer.

In the meantime, you don't have to worry about this particular batch being uneven. I bought the four cells together, specifically for the TM26, and they have only been used together. Furthermore, since the cells are in parallel, there is very little chance any of them will become mismatched, at least until they begin to decline due to age (should be at least a couple years away, or more with good care/infrequent use). I will fully charge them before I ship the light, so they are ready to go immediately, and are all at the same state of charge. After that, it is on you.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do recommend you get one. They can be had for under $10, and if all you want from it is checking voltage, cheap meters are plenty accurate. Just don't go playing around with mains power (120/240V) unless you know what you are doing. It is worth it, to make yourself safer.

In the meantime, you don't have to worry about this particular batch being uneven. I bought the four cells together, specifically for the TM26, and they have only been used together. Furthermore, since the cells are in parallel, there is very little chance any of them will become mismatched, at least until they begin to decline due to age (should be at least a couple years away, or more with good care/infrequent use). I will fully charge them before I ship the light, so they are ready to go immediately, and are all at the same state of charge. After that, it is on you.

Wow, that's very kind of you. I appreciate it!

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Yo thedoc007. Does my option suit you? I sent you a pm. If batteries can be shipped when in flashlight, I 'd appreciate one 14500 cell. :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first two packages are on the way!

Ryp, the post office in Sacramento CA indicated you should receive your package in about 10 days. Hopefully your batteries from Montreal, merci James, will get there 1st. I would have your Bro Inlaw look into getting a few sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger. Post a question to your fellow Canucks on CPF asking where they get their batteries. Gee a few planes get set on fire and suddenly there is a ban on shipping batteries across the border!

IsaacL, I sent your package priority mail and with any luck you should receive your light by Saturday!

Tracking number - 9114 9011 5981 8968 8977 98

I'll order the batteries and charger this weekend.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened
I found out from Apache Blue that 18650 batteries can't be sent from Canada so I need a cheap source for 4 batteries to Tucson AZ. Kind of a bummer. I think my charger will work fine (it worked for the batteries in my stolen lights OK), I just need the four cells. Feed my girft. :) A pair to put in the light and a spare. VERY excited! And YAY post 300. :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
dragonhaertt ... You're up.

Let's keep it going so donations can be mailed out as soon as possible to, hopefully, reach their destinations just before Christmas.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Just a notice, the L2P isn't using a generic P60 setup. It's going to be a solid aluminum slug machined to fit tightly into the host. Everything is machined to fit each part like I always have been doing. Choice of LED is going to be determined upon user's request. This is the best way to transfer heat away from the emitter to the host. I'll put up a build progress before the light arrives to the new owner :D

Korgath

Newly Enlightened
Hah. I see I'm no 11 :) Not great but not too bad either :p With a bit of luck I can get to choose one of my picks :p

Go go go! Thanks for all guys.

Nomad

Enlightened
Just a reminder, if Dragonhaertt hasn't picked by 2:41 pm tomorrow it goes to the next guy...legtu I believe. :)

A side note here: if you are on the list for a gift, don't be a grinch! Check bback frequently out of consideration for all the other participants!

Last edited:

dragonhaertt

Newly Enlightened
Im sorry it took so long, ive been gone for the past couple of days due to problems with my parents, im looking into the list now!

Edit- I've look through the lights and i would love to get the 3. Zebralight H502, NIB
Thank you so much for this opportunity, you don't know how happy it makes me!

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey thedoc007,

It cost me $9.15 to send a package to Ryp. You address the package as you would for any domestic shipment, return address in the upper left and mailing address in the center. You also have to fill out a customs declaration. The USPS really grilled me on not shipping lithium batteries.

kelmo

Last edited:

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Well, crap. I meant to specify USA shipping only, as I know nothing about cost, or procedures, for international shipping.

What do you guys recommend for reasonable cost?
Also, are there any special restrictions on lithium ion cells? I'm not shipping batteries internationally unless I know that 1. they will get there, and 2. that there isn't a big fee associated with it.

Next time, I'm gonna make SURE I limit shipping up front...

Edit: since the battery/charger combo hasn't been picked yet, I can still at least prevent that issue...USA SHIPPING ONLY for #12!

I'm posting again to clear some issues:
1. thedoc007 might have some issues sending out this whole package to me.
2. He has stated me his wish to try to send all the items as he would have no use when he gives away the sc52.

This is what I originally chose:
11. Zebralight SC52 + Nitecore i2 charger + 2 14500s and 2 AA Eneloops, generously donated by
thedoc007

Considering the above and the fact that someone would benefit more with the whole package I chose, charger + cells inclusive to USA residents, I am changing my choice to the following:
16. $75 Certificate to Illumination Supply

It is unfair to have a member have to to to pains when he intended to generously donate light but forget to say that shipping to USA only :) I think most of you would agree. As I am not going to 'lose' anything by not choosing his package, I prefer to retract and choose the gift certificate so I can choose a light directly from supplier.

If that is cool with ccssih, I have absolutely no problem at all in changing my choice in the interest of another guy who can get the charger +cells and not to be a hassle to a generous donator :) I would be ok with choosing something from illumination supply.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That should be fine. Just be sure to drop csshih a quick e-mail so he can update the topic. (Just in case.)

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm posting again to clear some issues:
1. thedoc007 might have some issues sending out this whole package to me.
2. He has stated me his wish to try to send all the items as he would have no use when he gives away the sc52.

This is what I originally chose:
11. Zebralight SC52 + Nitecore i2 charger + 2 14500s and 2 AA Eneloops, generously donated by
thedoc007

Considering the above and the fact that someone would benefit more with the whole package I chose, charger + cells inclusive to USA residents, I am changing my choice to the following:
16. $75 Certificate to Illumination Supply

It is unfair to have a member have to to to pains when he intended to generously donate light but forget to say that shipping to USA only :) I think most of you would agree. As I am not going to 'lose' anything by not choosing his package, I prefer to retract and choose the gift certificate so I can choose a light directly from supplier.

If that is cool with ccssih, I have absolutely no problem at all in changing my choice in the interest of another guy who can get the charger +cells and not to be a hassle to a generous donator :) I would be ok with choosing something from illumination supply.

I don't see why not!

Craig

agnelucio

Newly Enlightened
If it is not too late, I would absolutely love to have #21 - the Jetbeam BC25,

as I am a high school student, and I don't have much money (well, basically, any money :broke:), and It would be great for when I am walking home from school, and it is dark (which I do regularly), and I have to walk through an area of my city (where muggings are still common), and through poorly lit side-streets.

I love flashlights, their designs, electronics, optics, etc. (I could go on for hours), but I don't have any proper lights (I've made some, but very low quality DIY).
This is the first time I have heard of this "Christmas Gifts" event on CPF, and, although I have been viewing these forums for years, I only finally signed up myself in October.

If I am too late with this reply, or if there is any other reason, which excludes me in any way, then it's OK, and I really admire you guys for being so generous.

I know it may sound exaggerated, but sincerely, as far as I've seen, CPF and it's members are quite possibly the nicest and most considerate people I will ever witness anywhere near an internet forum.

Merry Christmas to All! :santa:

And Many Thanks!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I am too late with this reply, or if there is any other reason, which excludes me in any way, then it's OK, and I really admire you guys for being so generous.

Hate to say it, but you are too late :( the recipients have already been chosen.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If it is not too late, I would absolutely love to have #21 - the Jetbeam BC25,

That's not how the process works. At least take a couple of minutes to read through the very first post in this topic in order to familiarize yourself with the procedure.

Latest posts