Cordless power tools

Man o man! I love when tools come with a hard case! If all my drills had a hard case, I would be a happy man. Nothing else would matter, if all my tools had a hard case........ and I had some good beer. :drunk:

ven, Do you wear ear protection when using your impact driver? Jason, at darksucks.com has started producing some really nice ear protection.

ven

Flashaholic
I have ear protection in usually yes, as its a site policy. Its not crazy loud and in short bursts, but recommended.
You can see them loose(just plugs) on my chest, as where i am(switch room) does not require ear protection.
7qItlxil.jpg

s3xy aint I :nana:

Cases can be picked up cheap CG, took me a while to get the right one! I had to mod/tweak it as well, to fit the larger 1/2 drive(should have 1/4 drive there).

One i have at home, came with the 2sp drill. This should be for just a drill, charger and batteries. However, i trimmed sections down to fit both impact and drill, with bats and charger
l4jtumWl.jpg

HA! It's good to see you back at work. It's been cold and raining here, so that makes it easier for me to stay inside. Good job on modifying your cases to make them fit your needs. :thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
:sssh:

Just for you CG
Some people would pay good money for my 1/2 and 1/2 hair!!!!

iOygOwcl.jpg

:laughing:

MAILCALL!

After the unboxing, I took it inside the house to show The Lovely Mrs Gardiner. While doing so, I asked if we had a big roll of heavy duty plastic. :devil: She had a good laugh.
HjFApgE.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Congrats , that soon arrived! It's like your birthday has come early :poke:

Looks like you will be letting me know if it's any good haha. No chance for me right now as all the waste recycling places are shut!

ven

Flashaholic
Right i admit its a want and not need.........but thats never stopped any of us:whistle:

Flexvolt? I am pretty much sold, so anyone using the system. 18(20 your side) volts with 6a/9a and 12a power, or 54v(60 your side) with 2a etc etc . The 12a is a very impressive 216wh.

Now i am not needing the 12a, nor do i want to pay £210 or $260 for a battery pack! in UK prices. But i am tempted for a 6a or 9a one. Very tempted and would be ideal for the chainsaw and potentially a strimmer i might be adding.

I can see where this is going though, 54v chainsaw, drill etc etc:rolleyes: You know, the 20v chainsaw i cant even use yet:rolleyes: i would want the 54v flavour.

So any experience? impressed? use with the 20v system for extra run times?

Cheers

Sorry. What's the question? I've been coveting your grease gun since first laying eyes on it. That makes so much sense! Mine has a single long lever; making it more than just a little difficult having to use one hand to hold the nozzle on a zirk and pumping the handle with the other, allthewhile keeping the tube stationary!!! :hairpull:

I used one of the new 6ah batteries two days ago. I finished before having to switch. NICE!

ven

Flashaholic
I have not had to swap a battery yet down to low voltage/power. All mine are 5a bar 1 , which is 4a. But i just like the idea of having 9a on tap. Most of my work uses are with the 1/4 impact and 1/2. But i am not using all day every day.

My Q was if anyone had any experience with the flexvolt, be it 20v or 60v uses.

ven

Flashaholic
Darn it........just bit, 9a flex and fast charger. Wasn't enough gain over 5a for the cost of 6a, the 12a is too pricey, so 9a in the middle. As i only have 2 batteries at home, this will go with the chainsaw mainly. Any future strimmer or hedge trimmer dewalt tools to!

Which could mean the 54v strimmer :naughty:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've had my Millwalkee cordless drill for going on 5 years. It came with a spare battery and a coupon for another at no charge. Thus far all three batteries are still holding a charge well.

ven

Flashaholic
I like Milwaukee , so close but decided on dewalt(little cheaper UK side). Flex volt due in today(this aft ). It's as shame when you look forward to a battery delivery lol

ven

Flashaholic
Sweeeeeet baby jesus!!

Its HUGE, read that they are obviously larger and heavier but:faint: Only trouble i see now, i will want more! Then some 54v tools...........what have i gone and done!

UK largest pack is 5a or from what shops i use anyway. 1.5/2/3/4/5 are the choices. Then flexvolt 54v 6a/9a and now 12a. I thought in the middle, so 9a made sense.
Dewalt mail
SfTFZerl.jpg

qMicJkGl.jpg

0pM3i9yl.jpg

Just to say, the standard charger(black) will charge the flexvolt, just takes a tad longer. The yellow keeps the charge time down and has a built in fan. The yellow can be used with 18v packs!

Size difference
xsaKEzLl.jpg

7FbMvayl.jpg

0E88IrX.jpg

UHZSXEsl.jpg

Transporting in 18v guise due to restrictions, hence transport adapter.
N8X82gCl.jpg

1 light perfect!
mfr5eUgl.jpg

Little overkill on the impact driver, but will be perfect on chainsaw or even my 1/2 impact
wPpo56cl.jpg

On charge now.
leu8SdM.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've used some of those large batteries (60v here) and they are nice for some tools but way too bulky/heavy for others. I like them on saws and grinders and even hammer drilling but on an impact and normal drill they can get in the way and make for fatigue. Even on a hammer drill a larger battery gives you a lot more runtime but when you are putting hole in a ceiling for anchors it wears you out quicker especially if you can't quite get underneath where you are drilling. What I would like to see is a cordless/cord attachment where like what I saw somewhere used for a battery powered lawn tool I think it was either a blower or weedeater or something. If you could clip a large battery to your belt and run a cord to a device plugging it in where a battery would attach. You could have a 24A battery then.

ven

Flashaholic
There are leaf blowers, chop saws, chain saws, larger hammer drills in 54/60v(seems UK use nominal and US use max V) . I might sway for the 54v strimmer down the line, depends what i can pick a body up for V the 20v version cost. i actually asked myself if i could go back and get the 54v chainsaw.......would i for £100 more(about the body only cost difference). The answer to me was no, i have more than enough there. But now a lot bigger fuel tank.
There are 110v tools as well, double up the packs for said voltage.........beast!!!
The 54v pack will primarily be for the 20v saw, more than likely do what i need on the one battery. If not, i have a 5a and 4a pack at home to fall back on. In work for now, i have 3x 5a packs, thats for the 1/4 and 1/2 impact as well as the my drill.

Yes there is some weight in it, iirc there are 15x 21700 cells inside! The 12a version no doubt will be higher mah cells(maybe by 500mah ea). No plan on opening the pack yet though.

Latest posts