CPF and sales turned me into a Mag whore!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unforgiven does this cool thing where he makes a stickythread called "Threads of Interest" in some forums. This is comprised of links to previous stickies. In this case Dano had some good ones in the incandescent forum so Unforgiven installed this TOI. People don't really call them TOIs but we do like acronyms to frustrate the tarnation out of new guys.

Unforgiven's TOI of Dano's Incan stickies.

IHTWOSH

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear ya! I don't ever carry Mags and I practically never use them and looking at my flashlight shelves, I have four Solitaires, one AAA Minimag, 5 AA Minimags, 4 2C Mags, 3 2D Mags, 3 3D Mags and one 4D Mag. The only two I ever touch are one of my modded Solitaires and one of my 2C Mags.

Gator762

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies guys. Argh someday I will mod one of my D mags, can't stand them stock anymore. ;)

Any local sources for the mag Xenon bulbs? I was thinking I could do a cheapie drop in mod for now, 6 rechargeable AA in the D-mag with the Xenon bulb for over 200 lumens. Cheap enough that I wouldn't mind leaving it in the car. I got some $5 coupons and picked up a bunch of the Hybrid AAs at buck a pop, great deal.

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Katdaddy said:
Newbie question. What is a ROP??

Roar of the Pelican: putting way bright incandescent bulbs in a Mag body.

Don't know if they qualify as a 'true' ROP, but search for M66, M85 or Mag100.
80,000 lumens. Pretty awesome, but I'm willing to concede that if you can start fires with your flash, you've probably passed the ridiculous into the sublime.

Latest posts