do u like hot food?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
name ya foos here i love hot stuff i always keep tabasco sauce near me the name brand and ill sip it every once in a while i want some daves insanity sauce but i belive i need a credit card to get it ive made lots a sauce i dehydrate haberno peppers n put em in vinager

matt_j

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

ass2.jpg

ass1.jpg

ass4.jpg

This is especially dear to me becasue these pictures were shot in my WTC office on 46th floor. You can buy the hot stuff sauces from Duke's Bar on 19th street and Park Ave in NYC. My fav hangout for great food.

But you want somethign really hot? Try death sauce or powders. That thing will kill ya.

http://www.deathsauce.com.au/products.html

Matt

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I adore hot food /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't do a lot of hot sauce. I enjoy a nice sauce mixed with my bbq sauce and such, but not much more than that. However, when I go out to a place that makes hot food I always order it as hot as they will make it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thai spicy green curry will put you in an altered state of consciousness! As will a real vindaloo. There is a very good indian place in town here that we frequent and a passable Thai place that will do me a green curry that is worth the trip.

Hottest single thing I ever ate (not including a hot sauce contest at the office cafeteria once) was a beef salad at a Thai place in Milwaukee Wisconsin. That was back when I was still a rock star and we were in town playing a gig and had dinner there before hand. WOW. I was buzzing all night long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was wonderful.

StuU

Enlightened
I'm a hot sauce junkie.

We grow our own Habaneros. We also dehydrate the peppers and soak them in vinegar to make a hot vinegar that is great on sub sandwiches, pizza, etc.

It's funny that you mention habaneros & vinegar sauce because that's what I am having for lunch today on a sub sandwich. And had for breakfast this morning as well as last night's dinner.

Another hot pepper sauce that I have recently tried and enjoyed is Nando's. It's made with African Peri-peri peppers and is hot & tasty.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
haberno rock. thats the one pepper i cant eat lol.lol im sipping tabasico sauce now man i love tabasco sauce but it is so expensive comapred to genreic

nullandvoid

Newly Enlightened
If any of you ever make it to phoenix, I have a few recommendations, Los Dos Molinos has won best torch mouth mexican food in phoenix on multiple occasions, excellent food, I always order as hot as I can get it, though I've heard at least one person say "Damn! even the rice is hot!"

For wings, not necessarily the hottest but excellent flavor, Oregano's Pizza Bistro wings of fire.

If you get to Tucson, there's a place called Thunder Canyon brewery, Their hottest wings were quite hot, enough that I only got through 4-6 out of the 12, my lips were burning so much I opted not to continue.

I do love the red thai peppers in chinese food, YUM!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol ok i forgot about some hot sauce i made a few years ago was made with like 4 lbs a habernos i aint sure i still have it i may a threw it away it was so hot

StuU

Enlightened
There are some really good hot sauces made with Habaneros that are big on flavor but not meant to scorch. Can't remember any names now but you can look on the list of ingredients- some of the best ones will have carrot juice as a base.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
interesting carots ya say i have 2 lbs a carots and a jack lalanaes juicer that juicer can get juice out of a rock lol. i wasnt sure what id do with carots till now i bought em for soup but never made it

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
for the last couple of years I've been scouring shelves at speciality shops around here looking for a bottle of Habanero pickled garlic that I enjoyed once in Chicago. Can't find any though. They were SOOO good and SOOO hot. It was wonderful stuff. I really like hot pickled anything. I'm half way through a bottle of hot pickled green beans at the moment. They are quite good, and were a gift from my mother in law. Probably not something I would have thought to get for myself. I also really like jalapeno (or any pepper) stuffed olives. They are not nearly so challenging on the heat scale, but can be quit yummy.

As far as salsas, for a traditional tomato salsa I like the sour vinegary kind rather than the sweeter catsupy type. So far I've found one Mexican place in town that makes a great salsa and always bring home a big take out container of it when we go there. Most places seem to water down catsup and call it salsa.

A friend of mine had a wonderful recipie, I wish I could remember everything in it, but it was basically a can of thai chillies and some onion that you throw in a blender with a little bit of garlic, salt and vinegar. Wow, was that good.

StuU

Enlightened
Another great hot food idea.....make your own hot mustard. All you need is your favorite hot peppers and some el-cheapo mustard. Pulverize the peppers in a food processor or by hand and mix with the mustard. Give it a few weeks before sampling. The great thing about this is that you can vary the type of pepper and amount of hotness in the mustard. Keeps just as well as standard commercial mustard.

JOshooter

Enlightened
Do hot dogs count???

A hot sauce with great flavor is the chipotle flavored Tabasco brand sauce. For those of you who don't know what a Chipotle pepper is, there isn't one!! It is simply a smoked jalepeno pepper.

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
HI all,
Im learning about Hot Sauce here. Mostly it's common stuff.

I kind of like the Garlic Tabasco that's avalable in the dining hall. A little spritz of that makes some meals useable. I also suspect it kills things living in the food that cause me greif later on.

Some of the KBR people clued me in on a simple recipie. Make some microwave pop corn and add some hot sauce, then shake. It's actually rather good. We had some Korean Liquid plutonium sause (the kind you find in Asian food dealers) and the side effects were extreem. I lived but the septic system will have to be replaced.

That's the news of the moment.

Jack Crow in Iraq

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i had garlic tabassco last night it was awesume i had it in a sample pack

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found daves insanity sauces locally, I have one sauce thats name is nuclear hellfire and it has a fairly good dose of heat. I like flavor as much as the heat and Tabascos chipotle sauce is mild but flavorful,I use it in my bean soup. I had some salsa at a tex mex restaraunt in Lubbock Texas that would give daves ultimate insanity sauce a run for the money, it was made at the restaraunt and it was very chunky. My ex tried it and it was waaaay to hot for her so she speared a big ol chunk of tomato in the salsa and before I could stop her popped it in her piehole, her eyes simultaneously flew open and genuine tears started running just as her nose did the same, a waitress was going by with a pitcher of ice water for the next table and it was waylaid and chugged. And she was born in Texas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Yeah Dave's Insanity Sauce is one of those new Pepper Extracts that have been showing up in the past few years. I don't care who you are, this stuff will beat you. Disregard at your own peril.

Man I love that stuff!