Do you always carry a flashlight or only at night?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'v been carrying flashlights in my EDC bag for a year or two now, BUT ...THANKS TO THIS SITE ... and ...A COUPLE of FRIENDS...I'm now officially EDCing at least one flashlight everywhere now. I love it. I'm also excited for my next flashlight purchase even though I don't need another one. LOL.

SO THANK YOU ALL FOR ENCOURAGING ME TO EDC A LIGHT (and even a pocket knife now).
I just switched to extremely tight jeans. Even so, managed to find room for 5 lights. :)

You know you're serious when you agonize over your loadout for proper draw and weight distribution.

Learningtobeprepared

Newly Enlightened
I just switched to extremely tight jeans. Even so, managed to find room for 5 lights. :)

You know you're serious when you agonize over your loadout for proper draw and weight distribution.

HA HA HA !!! I needed that. Well, I just added a Thrunite light to my keychain today and I carry an E12 in my front-pocket organizer by RichWorks. You should check out my Instagram for a picture of this custom pocket organizer. It allows me to organize my lights, knives, and more without an EDC pocket bulge [emoji106]

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, I bulge! :) Zero concealment in these pants, man! :)

On the plus side, nobody needs to search me. :)

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Here in The Netherlands is now sunny and a beautiful day. This morning is get mine stuff together and was about to leave the house. When I picked up my flashlights (fenix ld02 and pd35) it hit me. I know that a lot of people edc flashlight, so do I. But I started about 2 months ago with the edcing flashlight.

When it was a lot darker than know during the day. Now I wonder if you adapt your edc flashlight to the daylight.

I know that edc means every day carry but, are you edcing your flashlight also on a sunny day. If you know your will be outside for the whole day.

Today I was at he beach from 09.00 until 15.30 and the sun was bright and this had me thinking about my edc.

It is better to have it and not need it than need it and don't have it. So do you always carry a flashlight even if you going to the beach for a couple of ours on a bright sunny day?

I hope I make sense.
I was at Amsterdam for a week last year and have my Nitecore D10 with me day and night in my pocket and a Fenix E35UE in my backpack. But doesnt need either of them coz Amsterdam's brightly lit! Even at that red light district it's pretty bright..but it's not like i would have a need for a flashlight at such a place.. But yup, totally agree with better have it and not need it then the other way round..

And back in my current country, i still EDC either a Nitecore EZ123 or Olight S10R...day or night.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread still going huh.
I still EDC several lights, though I've noticed lately something maybe others can relate to.
Being a member of this site usually means, you have lights everywhere besides what you EDC, right?☺

Well, now and then I'll need a light for something and reach for one sitting nearby to avoid using batteries of my lights being carried on me.
Originally I had to fight urge of topping off batteries everyday from NiMH light practices an not do that so much with my Lion lights, or at least let them get down to four volts lol.
Though to stretch power out I reach for spare lights where available whether I need to or not lol.
I guess it's like using a spare edc knife on everything an saving edge of favorite knife for that special use, in total with multi tool blades I carry three knives like my edc lights.

Maybe I should not mention this, I don't want to trigger an issue for others to develop, though it'd be rare if I was only one doing this I'd think here at CPF.
Too late for that sorry, if you're reading this as a CPF regular, you've already got issues too so what's one more right?☺

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear what you're saying, WR. I had to fight the urge to pack a fixed belt blade, flashlight holster, and multitool belt holster at a party I was invited to. :)

People look at me funny with my Batman belt, day or night. :)

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
Of course. In my keychain I have a Tank007 E09 (which will replace soon with a Fenix E05 SS); it's my flashlight I always have that go, it does not depart from me. If I travel farther or go to work, I add a Sunwayman V11R with extender to AA batteries. If even further, add some 1x18650 Flashlight (DQG Tiny, NiteEye TF25, Fenix TA21). On more than one occasion I have had to go into a poorly lit place during the day and the flashlights have always bailed me. Also you never know how long it will take me to get home.

I remember, years ago, had to check a kind of cellar / basement into an office in an eleventh floor (it was small, little more than a meter in height between the 10th and 11th floor). Of course it had no lighting and I was the only one with a flashlight, which brought us out of trouble to clean and use it as a warehouse documentation.

NCF8710

Newly Enlightened
I always carry a flashlight (along with a few other things). My current EDC light is a Nitecore EC11. My backup EDC light is a Jetbeam RRT01 with an IMR 18350 cell. My keychain light is an iTP A3 EOS Upgraded.