Does your collection grow continuously?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite right Zipplet! my recent purchases have been pretty close to your list - in May one Raw Al, Two Ras and one Novatac!!!!

Have you been looking at my Paypal???

kiwicrunch

Newly Enlightened
I bought an Arc AA sometime back, enjoyed it for years, and after seeing how far LEDs have evolved bought three new ones in the past month. I have to stop!

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
My collection is almost complete. Unless some super duper led technology comes out, and I find that I just have to have it. I just acquired a Malkoff MD2 in Hard Anodised with the high/low ring that Gene sells. It makes for a perfect combination with my M60 drop-in. I had 2 Holy Grail lights to buy and 4Sevens just made my day with his half price clearance sale for Memorial Day. I was able to pick up a Raidfire Spear for half price. Only 1 light remains to complete my collection. The Surefire E2DL Defender 120 lumens on high and 5 lumens on low will complete my collection. As it stands I have a 5 star light in every battery configuration from AAA, AA, C, D, 9V, 123, 16340, 17500, and 18650. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and its name is Surefire. Good luck to everyone with their collections I'm almost done, and I'll finally be able to breathe.

Happy Dark Trails

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to keep them all, so the collection grows. At least the rate of growth has slowed down a bit over the years.

Geoff

Me too.... the collection grows and grows.... I haven't counted, but estimate I'm at around 28 or 30 after a hot spree for the last five months or so. It's definitely slowing now. I have a hard time thinking I would be happy getting rid of any of them. :shrug:

After my expense on firearms, flashlight collecting seems amazingly economical! ;)

Trust me, I'm an avid collectionist, the need to collect these things waxes and wanes. Many times I have taken the 'sensible' approach and tried to lay off buying more - sometimes it works for a while - mostly the old urges come back and the buying and coveting continues.

This is a kind of obsessive compulsive behaviour, and I am sure there are treatments for it all over the world of medicine and psychology, but as long as we have some fun, don't go over the top and encroach too much on the family welfare ( I.E. spend next months rent on a 'must-have' ), then I suppose it doesn't do much harm to have these indulgences. I rigidly try to keep myself in the disposable income range - being a freelancer, this goes up and down in time.

As long as there's food on the table etc.

I can soooo relate!

Last edited:

Katdaddy

Enlightened
Initially I bought a bunch. Nowdays I'm down to the ones I really use a lot, and a handful of special ones that I cherish. The rest have mostly been given away.

If I buy something it's because I *really* need it (and don't have another light that would work - which is hard to justify), or something that I've been wanting *really* bad for a long time.

That "wanting *really* bad" is the part that keeps tripping me up!!:D I keep saying that I am going to sell some that I don't use but.........it don't happen.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to buy a lot, but not anymore. There`s just so many coming out these days. And many of them are similar. I cleaned out my place a while back, and found so many outdated lights...lights that in there day were interesting~bright, but are dim...laughable by today`s standards. And I know that the lights I buy today will suffer the same fate. So I don`t want to spend a lot on lights anymore.

For this year I will probably just get one light. Something with a MC-E. But reasonably priced. Not the best, not the brightest. But hopefully the biggest bang for the buck. And I will know that in 3~4 years I will drag it out of some closet while cleaning up...smile, laugh and give it away to some happy non-flashaholic. Then pick up my new 1000 lumen key chain light...find my way to the bathroom :D

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to be a little OCD so when i like things i keep buying until i find something new lol

For example, dvds and xbox 360 games were my 'collectables' for a couple of years... and i spent ALOT of money on them

My light collection already consists of 6 good lights... and i've only been here for about 3 weeks :oops:

I have a spreadsheet of my 'to get' list including prices...

My collection will definitely continue to grow forever, at the age of 8 i had the nickname from my family of 'Torch Boy' because i had my dads 4D mag with me ALL the time :whistle:

lovecpf

rockz4532

Enlightened
I get one more ~$60 light every month.

I wish I had'nt bought all of those crap B&M lights, I would have had a lot of money.

So far I have:
Fenix P2D Q5
Fenix TK10
Fenix LD01
Nitecore D10
Surefire G2
10 or more cheap lights ($25)

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My collection has shrunk. Since I got hooked on McGizmo's & Lummi's, I am NOT interested in any other lights. I have either sold or given them away. I HAVE kept my SF's, as I like them. BUT, everything else has gone.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must have amazingly few lights by Flashaholic standards. Not including plastic cheapies hiding around the house I have less than 10 total counting from key chain lights to big guns to headlights. They'll stay that way because I'm not a collector and flashlight technology changes so quickly, even new one will be obsolete soon.

+1 I have bought 30+ lights in the last couple of years...and who knows how many since I first got into the hobby. I have 4 "good" lights I would happily sell for a Jetbeam Jetbeam Raptor and a Quark. And I would hope those two lights would be gone within 6 months for new ones.