Eagletac 18650 3.7 Volt Li-ion 3400 mAH

roybert

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I have just recently purchased a Fenix HP32 flashlight along with 1 Eagletac 18650 3.7 Volt Li-ion 3400 mAH battery. If I only used the flashlight for around 4-6 hours during the night while fishing could I top up the battery charge when I get home for the next nights fishing session. Can I keep topping up the battery all the time if it's just been used for only a few hours at a time. Thank You.

Sorry forgot to mention the battery would be re charged on a Nitecore Sysmax Intellicharge i4

Last edited:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Hello. I have just recently purchased a Fenix HP32 flashlight along with 1 Eagletac 18650 3.7 Volt Li-ion 3400 mAH battery. If I only used the flashlight for around 4-6 hours during the night while fishing could I top up the battery charge when I get home for the next nights fishing session. Can I keep topping up the battery all the time if it's just been used for only a few hours at a time. Thank You.Sorry forgot to mention the battery would be re charged on a Nitecore Sysmax Intellicharge i4
Yes. Topping up is just fine for Li-ion cells.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I read in Amazon reviews that the button top is not big enough for some flashlights like the old Zebralights. True?

markr6

Flashaholic
I read in Amazon reviews that the button top is not big enough for some flashlights like the old Zebralights. True?

Funny thing is, Eagletac's OWN battery wouldn't work in one of their lights! I believe it was the D25LC2. I had two of these batteries and only one would work. The button on one was just too short.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Huh. I had an Eagletac rcr123 that was too long for the 1 x CR123A version of that light. The other rcr123 came with 0 voltage. I sent them both back.

I wish AW had a modern protected button top.

How is Fenix?

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
If possible, don't top-off soon after use. Instead, delay it as far as possible till just before next use. This is much better for cell health since it minimizes the time that they spend at high voltages (which accelerates internal parasitic reactions that cause degradation). Also, avoid storage in hot places since that too accelerates degradation. Doing such can yield much greater lifetime (e.g. laptop batteries stored at full charge in hot laptops often died in a year, even with little use).

That's assuming you will be using them soon. Otherwise you should do a storage (dis)charge to about 40-50% capacity, and store them in a place that isn't hot (e.g not in a car, which can get very hot on a sunny day).

Last edited: