Eagletac PC series: Any news?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking around for a nice compact 2 cell light driven to maximum power, and recently came across these new eagletac models which look really good and pretty much exactly what ive been looking for..

Does anyone have any information on when these will be available commercially? Any pictures beyond those in the eagletac brochure would be great too :poke:

Thanks

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
:anyone: I'd been hoping these would be out in early March.. But as there doesnt seem to be any news beyond what we got in the catalog should i assume they won't be released until later on? :shrug:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Eagletac catalog it shows the P/T/TP/PP models as all being the drop in type optics but does not indicate this with the PC series. So does anyone know for sure if the PC uses the same drop in as the other new models or is it a different design?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would they? this is marketed toward pro-sumers
Look at the diameters, bezel/body 1.4"-1" of T & TP, 1"-0.8" of P & PP
The largest is only 0.8" bezel

Why would ET invest money, in what hopefully will be; $40 (PC20A), $50 (PC20A2, PC20C), $60 (PC20C2) flashlights?

I hope that neutral-white will be part of the deal. If I have to wait for a late April-early May to get an R4 neutral-white I will (S2 for cool-white fans)

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting on any news, pics, anything about the PC series. I have had my eyes on these ever since I seen them in the catalog and have been more excited for this light even more then the P20/T20 models.

So any new info anyone?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the specs from the .pdf, I have to wonder why the 2xAA is driven harder than the 1xCR123?
Is it a matter of thermal mass?
or is it to appeal to bicyclists?

ky70

Banned
Bump.

I'm looking for another EDC and I'm insterested in the PC20C. I'm excited by the sound of the UI, "They offer four to five brightness levels and three hidden blinking modes accessed by clicking switch and turning head".

This light has everything I want in a pocketable light...Smallish form factor, pocket clip (I think I saw pics with clips on the PC20C and PC20A), higher high & lower low, hidden blinky modes, decent run times. The one thing that I would have liked is a forward clicky instead of the listed reverse clicky but that's not a deal breaker.

I also like the size and look of the PC20A but likely won't consider it because of the below average run time on low and the non ability to run on 14500s (not mentioned on the stat sheet).

Paapaa

Newly Enlightened
What are the main differences between P20C2 MKII and and the new PC20C2?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PC leans more toward 'utility' light, where the P20C2 leans toward 'tactical' due to:
interface, reverse click vs. forward click
reduced throw, smaller diameter head/reflector
slightly reduced weight, thermal mass
shorter length
5 output modes vs. 3 (not including strobe, SOS, beacon which is in both)

The P20A2 is more of a platform: it has a replaceable drop-in (LED and reflector-smooth or OP), it has color filters & diffuser, optional tail stand capable tailcap (still forward click), stainless bezel, and costs more.

and right now the P20C2 is marginally brighter than T20C2 because the less green xp-g dies are being used in the T20.

I am looking to upgrade from Fenix P3D rb100 to PC20C2 N-W

Last edited:

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have bought three EDC lights in the past month.

They are:
1) Quark Tactical 123*2 XP-G R5
2) EagleTac P20C2 MkII XP-G R5 123*2
3) Fenix PD30 123*2 CREE XP-G R4

The Fenix PD30 is small, perfect for EDC. But the Quark is the same size, and noticeably brighter. IMHO, the Fenix lumen rating is vastly overstated, while the Quark lumen rating is understated. The light coming out of the Quark is definitely brighter than the Fenix to my eye. No way is the Fenix 265 lumens, IMHO - unless that's measured at the emitter.

I totally love the Quark Tactical's UI (user interface). The forward-clicky Quark Tactical is the only one (of these three) that allows me to have a hi-power tactical strobe available in the first press (which can be momentary). You can program ANY two options on the Quark, one of which will be available when head is tight, the other when head is loose. Very nice UI IMO for a EDC 'tactical' light.

The EagleTac is the brightest of the three, but the EagleTac is a little bit bigger than the Quark. Plus, the EagleTac (like the Fenix) requires two presses to get a tactical strobe. In a high-stress self-defense situation (perhaps not important to you), I do not want to have to remember two presses, I will be too busy worrying about surviving - I simply want to hit the switch and have tactical strobe immediately available. Bottom line regarding the UI - it's important to consider exactly what YOU want and get the UI that meets your needs. For me, I wanted to have tactical strobe available immediately, and with momentary option.

So, my vote goes to the Quark Tactical 123*2 XP-G R5 as the best EDC 'tactical' light of my three new lights. It's bright, lightweight, fits in pocket real easy and has a great UI, with tactical strobe immediately accessible.

My next choice would be the EagleTac P20C2 MkII. This light really packs a lot of punch, plus make sure to utilize the OP (textured) reflector. Still has decent throw even with OP reflector. Also, be sure to get the XP-G R5.

My last choice would be the Fenix PD30.

Here's a pic of my most recent lights:

edc-lights.jpg

-

strinq

Enlightened
You must be one of the minority who absolutely needs a tactical strobe. :)
There was a thread somewhere about the effectiveness of strobing as a defense mechanism, the result was that most agreed that any light on high would be as effective.

ginaz

Enlightened
too busy worrying about survival for that second button press?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
too busy worrying about survival for that second button press?

Hahaha, not really. But the bottom line is - when the adrenaline starts flowing and that bad guy is right in your face, you are not gonna be thinking "gee, was that one button press or two?". Everything has to be on automatic pilot at that point.

But if you choose not to prepare for those situations, then that's fine with me! Good luck and stay safe................. :rolleyes: